K-12 Textbook Sales Climb For December, Jump 13.4% For The Year
- AAP: College Market Sees March Decline, But K-12 Has Strong Month. // Educational Marketer;05/15/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the sales status of college textbooks and instructional materials to elementary schools in the United States in March 2000.
- Adopting textbooks and other instructional materials. Fiore, Thomas A.; Cook, Rebecca A. // Remedial & Special Education;Nov94, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p333
Focuses on policies and practices that need to be adopted to improve quality of textbooks and other instructional materials. Enhancement of students' learning; Investigation of state and local adoption processes across the United States; Guidelines for improving practices.
- Textbook use. Tice, Terrence N. // Education Digest;Nov94, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on teachers' use of textbooks as discussed in the report `Teachers' View of Textbooks and Text Reading Instruction: Experience Matters,' by Deborah Menke and Beth Davey. Grouping of secondary teachers in content areas by years of experience; Reasons why teachers do not rely much on...
- Five years later: A survey of state textbook reform. Cody, Caroline B. // Publishing Research Quarterly;Winter92/93, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p52
Presents the results of a survey on a national project to improve the quality of textbooks available in American schools. Effect of reform efforts on textbook policy in the adoption states; Role of policy makers in improving textbooks used in schools; Focus of the adoption process on qualitative...
- Scarce, outdated textbooks impede learning, teachers report in survey. Diegmueller, Karen // Education Week;3/6/96, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p8
Reports on a survey conducted by the Association of American Publishers' school division and the National Education Association on the lack of updated textbooks in the United States. Use of textbooks that were more than ten years old; Teachers' heavy reliance on texts.
- Textbooks still count! Lichtenberg, James // Education Digest;Sep94, Vol. 60 Issue 1, p29
Focuses on the importance of textbooks in education. Enrichment of classroom experience through textbooks; Training tools for graduate teaching assistants; Presentation of information essential for learning the curriculum; Influence of increased availability of technology on the future of...
- As Goes California. Kenney, Brian // School Library Journal;Sep2009, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p9
The article discusses the use of open-source textbooks in California and Texas.
- Trends; Textbook Selection. Muther, Connie // Educational Leadership;Oct86, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p86
Presents several educational materials designed to provide alternatives to inadequate science textbooks. Names of publishers and suppliers; Features of the programs developed by the companies; Contact information.
- Teaching Epidemiology: A Guide for Teachers in Epidemiology, Public Health and Clinical Medicine. Third Edition. Ornstein, Katherine; Galea, Sandro // American Journal of Epidemiology;Nov2010, Vol. 172 Issue 10, p1207
The article reviews the book "Teaching Epidemiology: A Guide for Teachers in Epidemiology, Public Health and Clinical Medicine," Third Edition, edited by JÃ¸rn Olsen, Rodolfo Saracci and Dimitrios Trichopoulos.