Houghton Mifflin Co.'s 2000 Fourth-Quarter Losses Were Greater Than Analysts Had Predicted
- Houghton Mifflin Reports 3Q Results. // Book Publishing Report;11/24/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 45, p7
Reports that Houghton Mifflin has posted a decline in sales for the third quarter of 2003. Factors contributing to the loss.
- Sales Up, Earnings Down at HM. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;11/29/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 48, p6
Reports on the financial performance of publisher Houghton Mifflin in the third quarter ended September 30, 2004. Revenue earned by the company; Decline in sales; Losses incurred.
- Houghton Mifflin lands Illinois online contract; looking for more RFP's. // Electronic Education Report;09/02/98, Vol. 5 Issue 16, p4
Reports on Houghton Mifflin Co.'s contract with online curriculum providers in Illinois. Creation of Illinois@Education Place; Terms of the contract; Other services awarded contracts by Illinois.
- Houghton Mifflin ships first abridged adult title. Sweeting, P. // Publishers Weekly;5/5/89, Vol. 235 Issue 18, p49
Report on Houghton Mifflin Audio's introduction of abridged readings of adult books.
- Houghton Mifflin to acquire Gollancz. Reuter, M.; Menkes, V. // Publishers Weekly;10/13/1989, Vol. 236 Issue 15, p10
Discusses Houghton Mifflin's plan to acquire Victor Gollancz, one of the few remaining British independent publishers, and the advantages of this acquisition. Distribution; Publishing program; British reaction. INSET: Barnes & Noble buys controlling interest in Bookstop..
- The college textbook publisher's Web site: Is it editorial? Education? Marketing? Alschuler, Liora // Seybold Report on Internet Publishing;Jul98, Vol. 2 Issue 11, p5
Discusses the role of the Houghton Mifflin College Division publishers Web site. Information on books included on the site; Details on the American History BiblioBase; Comments from Victoria Keirnan, director of Internet development for the College Division. INSET: The larger picture: A...
- Houghton Mifflin reports sales of $464 million in '93. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;1/31/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 5, p12
Reports on the sales of Houghton Mifflin Co. for 1993. Percentage increase from 1992 sales; Effect of the divestiture of Gollancz and Canadian operations; Operating income for 1993; Contribution of sales from the college division.
- Houghton predicts weak fourth quarter, cautious on '92. Reuter, M.; Reid, C. // Publishers Weekly;1/6/1992, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p16
States that despite strong results in the third quarter, Houghton Mifflin predicted weak results in the fourth quarter. Effects of the economic recession on general trade and college publishing; Comment from Nader F. Darehshori, chairman and CEO of Houghton Mifflin; Total revenues for third...
- General publishing sales increase 8 percent at Houghton. Milliot, Jim; Baker, John F. // Publishers Weekly;4/19/1993, Vol. 240 Issue 16, p8
Comments on sales figures from Houghton Mifflin's 1992 annual report. General books division sales at $91.8 compared to $84.5 for 1991; Operating profit $9 million compared to $5.4 million in 1991; Strongest gains in software division; Trade and reference field up; Acquisitions; Staff cuts;...