Good leaders slow down and listen
- Growing a sales force towards success. Schiffman, Stephan; Reisner, Michele // Supervision;Nov91, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p3
Discusses the techniques on how a sales manager can motivate his sales force. Application of the techniques; Enhanced flexibility; Other tips.
- Data trends. // Sell!ng;Nov98, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Reports on a United States survey regarding sales professionals' views about the most important skill sales managers need. Good communication skills; Ability to motivate staff; Listening skills; Data from the Nierenberg Group.
- Great salespeople aren't born, they develop day by day. Gitomer, Jeffrey // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);02/23/2001, Vol. 48 Issue 8, p37A
Presents advice on how to train sales people. Need for trainers to be better in selling than their salespeople; Use of role playing; Description of effective contests; Support of sales efforts.
- A Model Depicting Salespeople's Perceptions. Sager, Jeffrey K.; Junsub Yi // Journal of Personal Selling & Sales Management;Summer98, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p1
This study develops a model that consolidates knowledge involving salespeople's perceptions of their sales manager's behavior with knowledge relating to other perceptions and intentions. Relationships tested in the model indicate that the sales manager's behavior drives salespeople's attitude,...
- What salespeople expect from their managers. Lemmon, Ronald A. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;7/17/95, Vol. 13 Issue 29, p17
Presents advice on how sales managers can provide the kind of management relationship desired by sales persons. Includes cultivation of trust; Guidance; Professional help; Opportunity for salespersons to exhibit their skills; Recognition; Determination of the proper style of leadership.
- In the business world, nice guys finish first. Gitomer // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);09/03/99, Vol. 46 Issue 36, p34A
Advises sales people and sales managers on being friendly. Levels of competency in being friendly; Benefits from being friendly; Hiring of friendly people.
- New Study Maps Attitudes Across Lighting Sales Channel. // Lighting Design & Application;Aug2004, Vol. 34 Issue 8, p30
Presents an overview of the "2004 Commercial Lighting Market Attitudes Study" conducted by Zing Communications which focused on attitudes across lighting sales channel in the U.S. Findings on sales representatives; Highlights of issues covered in the study.
- What's ahead in 2002? Nierenberg, Andrea // Sell!ng;Jan2002, p2
Suggests several marketing practices for sellers to increase client base. Needs of clients; Importance of trust and communication.
- Adversity. Wiesner, Pat // ColoradoBiz;Jul2004, Vol. 31 Issue 7, p9
Focuses on the secrets of success among sales executives in the U.S. Work ethic; Positive attitude towards adversity; Exposure of confidence to possible failure.