Cook County Forest Preserve District Could Be $20M in the Red for 2000
- Osborne cuts everything but the deficit. Meadway, James // Green Left Weekly;8/29/2012, Issue 935, p20
The article presents information on the steps for reducing the government deficit of Great Britain and payment of its national debts by using cuts in public spending.
- FISCAL POLICY AND PUBLIC-EXPENDITURE REFORM. // OECD Economic Surveys: Czech Republic;Jan2005, Vol. 2004 Issue 17, p36
Deals with the 2003 budget outcome and the significant steps toward fiscal reform being implemented by the Czech Republic. Deficit outcomes in 2003 and 2004; Objectives of the fiscal reform programme which was launched in 2003; Key features of the medium-term budgeting framework. INSETS:...
- Analysts: Philly Schools Deal Should Withstand Spat Over Governing Body. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/14/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31344, p3
Reports the argument over the efficiency of the governing body responsible to reform troubled schools at the Philadelphia School District. Deficit borrowing engaged by the school district; Refusal to approve the requested additional funds; Concern over the financial operations of the school...
- A CASE OF VOLUNTARY SUBSCRIPTIONS TOWARDS MUNICIPAL EXPENSES. Custis, Vanderveer // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Nov11, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p164
Examines a case of voluntary subscriptions toward municipal expenses in the U.S. Funding of the floating indebtedness; Policy of deficit financing; Loss of revenue from liquor licenses; Method of raising funds by public subscription.
- The Deficit and the Market. Jacobs Jr., H. A. // Directors & Boards;Winter85, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p11
The author comments on what should be done about the U.S. federal budget deficit. He suggests taking initiatives to address excessive government expenditures, reduce the rate of increase in defense expenditures, enact tough, comprehensive health-care cost containment, manage agricultural...
- Bad math. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/21/2007, Vol. 54 Issue 66, p14A
The article reports on the arguments concerning the anticipated budget deficit for 2008 in Long Island, New York. The state announced that budget deficit will amount to $3.4 billion which will provide an impact on the development of programs in various areas. It shows that the condition has...
- FEDERAL FINANCE. // Economic Indicators;Jul2004, Vol. 109 Issue 7, p32
Presents charts and graphical representations of U.S. federal finance as of the first 9 months of fiscal 2004. Comparison of the deficit with that of a year earlier; Rise in federal receipts by source and outlays by function; Increase in federal current expenditures in the second quarter of 2004.
- Do Budget Deficits Cause Inflation? Sill, Keith // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);Third Quarter 2005, p26
Is there a relationship between government budget deficits and inflation? The data show that some countries--usually less developed nations--with high inflation also have large budget deficits. Developed countries, however, show little evidence of a tie between deficit spending and inflation. In...
- Chapter 5. Budget. // Montenegro Economic Trends;Jul2002, p32
Discusses issues concerning the budget in Montenegro. Source of funding for budget deficit; Information on expenditures in the country; Details on the revenue of Montenegro.