Tennessee Governor Calls for New Spending and Tax Code Changes
- Schools, not teachers, would get more money. Johnston, Robert C. // Education Week;02/19/97, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p13
Reports on Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist's unveiling of a $14.4 billion budget plan that would add $390 million in new spending for schools, juvenile justice and health care for 1997.
- Pay Raise for Teachers Favored by Sundquist. Coles, Adrienne D. // Education Week;02/09/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p21
Focuses on the State of the State Address by Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist which focused on the proposal to increase state education budget. Plan of the governor for the salaries of teachers in Tennessee.
- Tennessee Governor's Budget Plan Pushes Flat Income Tax. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p32
Focuses on state budget proposals put forward by Tennessee governor Don Sundquist for the fiscal year 2003. Deficit in the fiscal year 2002; Proposed revenue for fiscal 2003 to cover fiscal 2002 deficits; Income tax proposals for fiscal 2003; Hurdles in the governor's proposals.
- Tennessee governor signs 'band-aid' budget for 2000. Reisman, Michael // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p5
Reports that Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist has signed a $16.6 billion state budget. Use of one-time revenues and `Band-Aid' solutions; Proposed allocation of the budget.
- Tennessee governor touts business taxes to fix fiscal woes. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;08/18/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30707, p3
Reports that Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist has urged lawmakers to reform the state's tax system. Possible budget deficit starting July 2000.
- Enactment By Tennessee, South Carolina, Of Producer Licensing Reform Brings Total To 46 States; IIABA Wants Unanimity. // Insurance Advocate;6/10/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the signing of insurance producer licensing reform legislation by Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist and the adoption of a similar proposal by the South Carolina legislature.
- Tenn. Daily is 150. // Editor & Publisher;06/20/98, Vol. 131 Issue 25, p78
Reports that the Tennessee-based `Daily Post-Athenian' newspaper has celebrated its 150th anniversary with a buffet dinner for 350 local residents and Governor Don Sundquist. Information from the newspaper's antique editions.
- Tennessee governor calls special session. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;10/26/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30755, p3
Reports that Tennessee Governor Don Sundquist has called a special session in an attempt to approve substantive tax reform.
- TennCare to add uninsured kids. Boyd, Robert // AHA News;1/27/97, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p6
Reports that TennCare will be opened to uninsured children in Tennessee according to an announcement made by Governor Don Sundquist last January 14, 1997, Endorsement of expanded coverage by community hospitals; Addition of $20 million to health care costs; Requirements for application.