Investment Scandal Brings No Charges in New Mexico
- Virginia official beats sodomy rap. // Advocate;2/27/74, Issue 132, p2
Reports on the acquittal of a member of the Prince William County, Virginia governing board from charges of attempting sodomy with a state trooper. Testimony that the county prosecutor who brought the charge against board member Donald W. Turner is a political enemy of the defendant.
- Hate crime call sparked by acquittal. Kimmons, Sean // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);7/21/2010, Vol. 107 Issue 16, p1A
The article reports that the acquittal of a Kyle husband and wife charged with assaulting their Hispanic neighbors by a jury at the 22nd District Court in San Marcos, Texas has triggered contention from the local branch of the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC), calling the assault...
- Justice!!! // New Internationalist;Oct96, Issue 284, p6
Outlines instances in which persons were acquitted of criminal damage charges and dismissed by a jury. Examination of charges which were dismissed against four persons for damage to the Hawk fighter jet; Information on the ruling on gays and lesbians by Zimbabwe high court.
- How prosecutors Are Nabbed. Lardner, James // New Republic;1/29/77, Vol. 176 Issue 5, p22
Examines the acquittal of Donald Robinson, assistant U.S. attorney on bribery charges. Facts of the case; Reason behind the acquittal of Robinson; Problems related to the conviction of a public official on a charge of corruption; Reference to a case called Sorrells v.U.S. in which the Supreme...
- JORDAN-PARLIAMENT. // Middle East Reporter (Daily Edition);7/1/2011, Vol. 198 Issue 5123, p12
The article reports on the resignation of Jordanian Members of Parliament (MP) Mohammad Maraayeh as a protest over Prime Minister Marouf al-Bakhit's acquittal in the Casino case. It notes that his resignation brings a total of four MPs who have resigned from their post including Khalil Attiyah,...
- Big John Connolly Acquitted. // Time;4/28/1975, Vol. 105 Issue 17, p30
The article reports on the decision of the jury to acquit John B. Connally, former U.S. secretary of Treasury, on charges that he accepted 10,000 dollars from Associated Milk Producers Inc. It mentions that some of Connally's character witnesses include Lady Bird Johnson, Reverend Billy Graham...
- Signposts. // India Today;8/25/2008, p5
This section offers news briefs on various issues in India as of August 25, 2008. Economic Advisory Council chairman C. Rangarajan has resigned. The Most Improved Design Award for 2008 has been presented to Delhi College of Engineering for a new generation robotic submarine. The Bombay High...
- Cincinnati cop freed in death of young teen; groups call for boycott. Carrillo, Karen Juanita // New York Amsterdam News;10/4/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 40, p3
Reports on the acquittal of Cincinnati Police Officer Stephen Roach, who had been charged with negligent homicide and obstructing official business in the death of 19-year old Timothy Thomas. Account of the incident; Admonition of the judge on the city for having brought charges against the...
- Marine acquittals. // Advocate;5/18/93, Issue 629, p15
Reports on the acquittal of three marines on the charges that they beat a gay man outside a bar in Wilmington, North Carolina. Details of the case; Bases of the court's decision.