Texas Real Estate Developer Ventures into Unusual Territory
- Speaking to Empty Chairs. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p1
Reports on a meeting for the approval of tax-exempt debt for a private parking garage in Washington, D.C. on November 14, 2001. Discussion on the Tax Equity and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 1982; Consideration on private activity bonds.
- Is bigger better? In today's illiquid market, not necessarily. Karchmer, Jennifer // Bond Buyer;10/13/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30746, p6
Reports on the impact of market illiquidity and lack of investor interest to tax-exempt bond funds. Association of larger portfolio size to better fund performance; Difficulties in managing a large fund during the liquidity crunch; Comparison between the performance of larger and smaller funds.
- Short-Term Tax-Exempt Yields . // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p40
Reports on short-term tax-exempt yields on bond funds in the U.S. bond market as of December 10, 2001. Statistics on tax-exempt bond rates; Details on index rates of bond funds of various companies; Other details related to tax-exempt bond funds.
- IRS: Nonprofit Can Continue School Deals. Duff, Susanna // Bond Buyer;12/6/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31527, p28
Reports on the ruling of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) of Alabama that the Collegiate Housing Foundation can continue to arrange tax-exempt bond deals nationwide for the construction of college and university student housing facilities. Implementation of tax-exempt rules on the bond deals...
- New York City Readies $820 Million Of Taxable and Tax-Exempt GOs. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;12/8/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32524, p7
The article reports on the plans of New York City to sell $820 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation bonds on December 19, 2006. Its two-day retail period will begin for the tax-exempt portion. It has been mentioned that the bonds' maturities and structures will be identified...
- Bond Funds. Johnson, Patrice D. // Money;Sep2000, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p170
Ranks the three-year performance of several bond funds as of September 1, 2000. United States government, investment-grade corporate, high-yield corporate, and tax-exempt funds; Total return for one and three years; Yield.
- Funds Keep Their Cool. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/30/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32456, p1
The article focuses on the economic activities of U.S. tax-exempt bond funds after the hurricanes Katrina and Rita. It was believed that funds are showing no signs of negative long-term effects on performance or value in the 12 months. According to reports, many Gulf Coast-area portfolios...
- Bond bid wins backing. Blackmore, Nicole // Money Marketing;9/13/2007, p16
The article reports on the approval of the tax-exemption investment bond scheme by Cofunds Ltd. Cofunds is lobbying and calling the attention of the government to change bond tax treatment which will exempt the investors in transferring funds between investments bonds. Several major platform...
- Virginia City, County Groups Debut Pooled Bond Programs. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p4
Reports on the association between the Virginia Municipal League and the Virginia Association of Counties on the bond program in Virginia. Fund of loans through the issuance of both tax-exempt and taxable municipal debt; Significance of the program on the localities in the state; Financial...