Standard & Poor's Announces Upgrade For New York City Hospital Corp. Bonds
- Despite $50M Issue, Group Fights Plan to Relocate Wisconsin Hospital. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/28/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31561, p4
Focuses on the dispute involved in the relocation of a hospital in Wisconsin for which the West Bend, Wisconsin-based Synergy Health Inc. has marketed $50 million worth of revenue bonds. Details of bonds marketed by the company; Location where the company wants to rebuild the hospital; Reasons...
- TEXAS: Hospital Debt to Be Retired. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;4/15/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32857, p9
The article focuses on the approval of the Kilgore City Council in Texas to use general fund revenues to pay off its $2.8 million tax-exempt bonds. It is noted that the bonds was used in improving Laird Memorial Hospital. It is indicated the bonds could be used only for a nonprofit. Moreover,...
- Community Fights to Save Hospital. // Revolution: The Journal for RNs & Patient Advocacy;Mar/Apr2003, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p7
Discusses a community campaign to save the Wisconsin State Hospital from closure. Series of rallies to protest the closure; Proposal of an amendment to the state budget.
- The Lymington Day Hospital project: A direct comparison of a traditional day hospital and a... // Age & Ageing;Nov97, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p29
Presents an abstract on the article `The Lymington Day Hospital Project: A Direct Comparison of a Traditional Day Hospital and a Community Based Rehabilitation Service,' by G. Turner, J. Powell, et al.
- Hospital/community connection-- a vital link. Rothstein, Ruth M. // AHA News;1/9/95, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Discusses the relevance of community-hospital partnership networks to the health care delivery system in the United States. Basic tenets of the network concept; Definition of community; Benefits of the creation of networks and partnerships.
- Small towns, big ideas. Duhl, Leonard J. // Trustee;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 49 Issue 10, p32
Comments on the partnership between hospitals and the community in Billings, Montana to improve the health of local residents. History of community involvement and cooperation in Billings; Effectiveness of the voluntary emergency service program in the community; Involvement of hospitals in...
- Community representation and the effective board. Orlikoff, James E.; Totten, Mary K. // Trustee;Jan98, Vol. 51 Issue 1, following p14
Offers advice for hospital trustees and directors in the United States on how to evaluate community involvement and governance effectiveness. Responsibilities of a hospital to the community; Challenges to community involvement in governance; Criteria for board members for all types of...
- A single standard for measuring community benefit is needed. Lewin, Lawrence S. // Modern Healthcare;12/11/95, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p51
Opinion. Comments on the debate over the behavior and value of tax-exempt hospitals in the United States. Issue on whether tax-exempt hospitals give back to society in services what they remove in unpaid taxes; Studies showing that investor-owned hospitals provide greater community benefits...
- Tax-exempts haven't proved their case on community benefits. Hopes, Scott L. // Modern Healthcare;12/11/95, Vol. 25 Issue 50, p51
Opinion. Comments on the debate about the tax-exempt status of hospitals in the United States. Studies by Healthcare Management Decisions comparing the community benefits provided by publicly and privately owned tax-paying and tax-exempt hospitals; Unique services offered by tax-exempt hospitals.