Bridging Gibraltar: Latinos as Agents of Reconciliation in Relations Between Black and White American
- Race -- a disappearing problem? Lenkowsky, Leslie // Indianapolis Business Journal;09/28/98, Vol. 19 Issue 28, p13
Comments on the decreasing significance given to issues concerning race and minorities in the United States as shown by the scant media attention given to a report from Initiative on Race program of President Bill Clinton. Recommendations by the report; Controversy created by proposals to open...
- The Many Faces of America. // World & I;May2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p34
Examines the seismic demographic shifts occurring in the United States (US) and their likely impact on society starting with the 2000 election. Several minority groups in the US; States with the largest Hispanic populations; Predictions on the racial composition of the US.
- I am not a minority. Saunders // New York Amsterdam News;07/29/99, Vol. 90 Issue 31, p12
Editorial. Comments on mass media's use of the word `minority' to represent people of color in the United States. Tool to demean and oppress people of color; Divide and conquer techniques of Europeans.
- Multiple Melting Pots. Frey, William H. // World & I;May2000, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p36
Deals with the changing racial composition of the United States (US). Several minority groups in the US; Sports figures who are minorities; Census Bureau's 2030 scenario; Information on the largest immigrant metropolitan areas.
- in the future, issue of race will be more complex. Harris, Ernest // National Minority Politics;Jun94, Vol. 6 Issue 6, p37
Discusses the prospects for better race relations in the United States in the future. Factors that are expected to contribute to the complexity of the race problem; Progress made by civil rights activists in advancing the cause of minorities; Role played by the black church and traditional...
- Bush Should Sell His Policy Agenda Directly to Rank-and-File Blacks. Murdock, Deroy // Insight on the News;02/05/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p46
Offers suggestions to United States President George W. Bush on how to win the confidence of blacks. Why Bush's selection of qualified black Republicans for his Cabinet is not enough; Legislation that Bush should call for; How Bush should offer his tax cut plan to black community.
- Black And White In The New Century. Rose, Daniel // Vital Speeches of the Day;07/01/2000, Vol. 66 Issue 18, p568
Presents a speech by Harlem Educational Activities Fund president, Daniel Rose, delivered to the Pierson College Fellows Forum at Yale University, Hartford, Connecticut on April 5, 2000, dealing with race relations and the education of inner city minority children in the United States.
- Postbellum Race Relations and Rural Land Tenure: Migration of Blacks and Whites to Kansas and Nebraska, 1870-1890. Frehill-Rowe, Lisa M. // Social Forces;Sep93, Vol. 72 Issue 1, p77
This article analyzes differential migration of blacks and whites during the two decades, 1870-80 and 1880-90, to home steading opportunities in Kansas and Nebraska with reference to two theories of race relations. A "push-pull" migration model is used where the pull of free farmland in Kansas...
- Lacking a Worthy Story, a Columnist Retreats From Writing About Race. White, Jack E. // Nieman Reports;Fall2003, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p21
Presents an article which details the career of an Afro-American journalist who focused on racial issues in the United States throughout his career. Newspaper the journalist joined in 1972; Number of years he worked with the newspaper; Columns and stories about race relations he wrote;...