Venues face fight for Xmas custom
- Millennium Dome has stretched the truth beyond breaking point. Bullmore, Jeremy // Marketing (00253650);2/10/2000, p14
Criticizes the advance publicity for the London, England-based Millennium Dome that contained claims of fevered imbecility. Marketing campaign for the Dome; Discrepancies between promise and delivery; Concept of Proposition Elasticity formulated by the author.
- Scapegoats won't help Dome find its way out of disaster. Dignam, Conor // Marketing (00253650);2/10/2000, p15
Criticizes the failed promotion and public relations campaign for the London, England-based Millennium Dome. Sponsors' criticism on New Millennium Experience Co.'s (NMEC) running and marketing of the attraction; Resignation of NMEC chief executive officer Jennie Page; Need for the Dome to live...
- Tesco left 20,000 short in giveaway of Dome passes. // Marketing (00253650);3/30/2000, p12
Reveals that Tesco was left 20,000 short in promotional Millennium Dome tickets in London, England. Mechanics of the promotional scheme.
- Diary. // Marketing Event;Jun99, p66
Presents update on special events in Great Britain as of June 1999. Contract of Typhoo, a tea manufacturer, with the Millennium Dome; Decision of `Country Living' magazine to sponsor the 1999 Golden Shears Shearing Competition; Role of the AeroSuperBatics in the advertising campaign of Utterly...
- IC: Contracts. // International Construction;Nov99, Vol. 38 Issue 11, p6
Presents a photograph of the Millennium Dome, still under construction in London, England.
- Glitches under the big top. MacLeod, Alexander // Christian Science Monitor;1/5/2000, Vol. 92 Issue 30, p7
Discusses public opinion surrounding and problems during the opening of the Millennium Dome in England on New Year Eve 2000.
- He? She? It? Edwards, William // U.S. News & World Report;07/06/98, Vol. 125 Issue 1, p14
Mentions Britain's Millennium Dome, which is set to open December 31, 1999. Plans for a large sculpture and debate over which gender would most fairly represent humankind; Comments by Jennifer Page of the New Millennium Experience Co., the firm that is overseeing the dome's development.
- The big top. Goldberger, Paul // New Yorker;04/27/98-05/04/98, Vol. 74 Issue 10, p152
Focuses on the construction of the Millennium Dome in London, England. Cost of the dome; Where it will be constructed; Significance of building the dome.
- If I owned the Dome. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Sep2000, p45
Presents the ideas of exhibition organizers concerning the operation of the Millennium Dome in Greenwich, England. Will Dixon, director of marketing at Crystal Visions Design Consultants; Paul Ephremsen, director at ID Field Marketing; Andrew Morris, chief executive officer at Earls Court and...