Face-to-face is best way to sell the Internet
- bulletin board. Maddox, Kate; Riedman, Pat; Carmichael, Matt // Advertising Age;7/13/1998, Vol. 69 Issue 28, p31
Offers advertising news briefs on Internet advertising posted in the Interactive section of `Advertising Age' for July 13, 1998. A study by NetRatings and Andersen Consulting on Web site audiences; The cost of Netscape's advertising campaign; Adauction.com introducing a new service called...
- How to buy ad banners: A step-by-step guide. Zbar, Jeffrey D. // Advertising Age;5/27/96 Supplement Internet, Vol. 67, pM1
Discusses the use of ad banners as an effective way to advertise a World Wide Web site. Detail of steps; Determining target audience; Market studies; Creation of custom banners; Negotiating cost; How signing on with a Web advertising network is less time-consuming; Importance of measuring...
- IAB members pledge support for banner guides. Williamson, Debra Aho // Advertising Age;12/16/1996, Vol. 67 Issue 51, p34
Looks at how Web publishers will need to reconfigure their sites to new industry advertising banner guidelines in 1997. The recommendations of the Coalition for Advertising Supported Information & Entertainment and the Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) to use eight standard banner sizes; The...
- Soul-less neighborhoods. Miller, Bruce // Editor & Publisher;03/28/98 Supplement, Vol. 131 Issue 13, p32
Tackles the growing inclinations among cyber communities to exploit the Web site for promoting products. Importance of human interaction over interactive technology; Misguided product hype among publishers.
- Rush slowly toward Web standards for advertising. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;04/01/97 25th Anniversary Special, Vol. 26 Issue 5, p9
Discusses the need of standards for Internet advertising. Support to an open process allowing market forces to shape; Tool in facilitating commerce without limiting creativity.
- Web ads: Be creative but careful. D.D. // Folio: The Magazine for Magazine Management;12/01/97, Vol. 26 Issue 17, p59
Contends that creative is needed for advertisements on the the Internet. Actions that must be avoided in advertising; Forms of Internet advertising; Points relating to each form.
- Online advertising. Kinsman, Matthew // Catalog Age;Sep97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p70
Discusses the basics of online advertising. Average life span of Internet advertisement; Impact of direct link prompts on response rates; Development of commercial sponsorships and content-oriented promotion with advertisers; Advertising costs.
- Toyota drive to lure young learners. // Precision Marketing;3/21/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 23, p9
Reports that Toyota Motor Sales is developing its database by introducing an online entertainment campaign to target the youth before they get a driving license in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Home page dash with a little cash. Beauprez, Jennifer // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/20/97, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p24
Features the web site of The Watermark Restaurant which can be used by small business owners on a budget. Description of the site; Information on the cost of developing a site; Views of Watermark assistant general manager, John Unger.
- Internet adds new dimension to corporate marketing. Kohout, Cheryl // Inside Tucson Business;02/17/97, Vol. 6 Issue 47, p11b
Focuses on the Internet as advertising tool for business enterprises. Reason for launching Internet sites; Role of business banners; Cost of banner advertising; Use of Website as storefront.