Coming back down to Earth
- A Mexican Christmas. Ray, E.C. // Black Enterprise;Dec90, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p93
Describes Mexico's offerings for Christmas celebrations. Spiritual ceremonies; Bullfights; Fiestas; Local customs; Archaeological sites; Shopping; Travel tips.
- Home seminars in Mexico. // Gifts & Decorative Accessories;Feb98, Vol. 99 Issue 2, p244
Reports that the Design Festival will be held in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico from March 16 to 25, 1998. Who will co-sponsor the event; Contact information.
- Skeletons at the feast. Siller, J.P. // UNESCO Courier;Dec89, Vol. 42 Issue 12, p19
Discusses Mexico's Feast of the Dead, which takes place on November 1 and 2 (All Saint's Day and All Soul's Day). Combination of pre-Columbian and Christian traditions; Family rituals at home and in cemeteries; Sugar or chocolate skulls and other candy; Visits from the souls of the dead; Revival...
- Mexico moment. // Business Mexico;Sep1995, Vol. 5 Issue 9, p56
Presents a photograph of a workers putting up a decoration for a celebration in Mexico.
- Festivals, ferias & fun. // Business Mexico;Aug1997, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p56
Presents information on several festivals being held throughout Mexico. Date of the events; Location of events; Contact information.
- Soul survivors. Winik, M. // Texas Monthly;Nov90, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p36
Describes the Mexican holiday of El Dia de los Muertos, or Day of the Dead, held on Nov. 2nd to welcome the souls of the departed back to earth. Special offerings; Caricatures; Differences in Texas celebration of holiday.
- Market monitor. // Travel Agent;11/11/96 Supplement, Vol. 284 Issue 1, p10
Lists several festivities of hotels and resorts in Mexico as of November 1996. Annual Guadalupe Day festivities of Puerto Vallarta; Marriott CasaMagna Cancun's Annual Cancun International Marathon; Hotel El Meson del Angel in Puebla.
- Mexican fiestas: When and where to say `ole!'. Arellano, Luisa Esquiroz // Travel Agent;03/31/97 Supplement Tianguis, Vol. 285, p18
Highlights upcoming festivals in Mexico for fiscal 1997. Includes San Marcos National Fair on April 12; Saint Peter and Paul Day on June 29; Independence Day on September 15-16.
- El Grito Celebration. Gard, Carolyn // Calliope;May2005, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p48
Reports on the festival, El Grito, celebrated annually by Mexicans on September 16.