Report questions Olympic backing
- Marketing revs up Down Under. Andruss, Paula Lyon // Marketing News;09/11/2000, Vol. 34 Issue 19, p9
Focuses on importance of corporate sponsorship in the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Impact of sponsorship on the sales of companies; Reference to the previous Olympic events; Indications of the success of the Sydney Olympic marketing plan.
- M&S to dress Olympic team. Jardine, Alexandra // Marketing (00253650);2/17/2000, p3
Reports that Marks & Spencer is to kit out the British team with formal wear at the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales. Provision of branded uniforms for the opening parade.
- The Games We Play. Stubbs, Peter // NZ Marketing Magazine;Sep2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p46
Presents information on sponsorship for the 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, New South Wales, Australia. Reason Reebok company withdrew their sponsorship; Details on the sponsorship agreements between the Sydney Organizing Committee and several corporations; Discussion on sponsorship agreements.
- Visa locks out rivals in Olympic row. // Marketing Week (01419285);4/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
Reports that Visa International is using its position as official credit card of the summer 2000 Olympic Games in Sydney, Australia to enforce exclusivity. Visa's refusal to allow sponsor Westpac Bank to serve customers who do not have a Visa credit card; Absence of cashpoint terminals that do...
- Foot soldiers. Watson, Paul // BRW;04/07/97, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p13
Relates that Reebok Australia is close to signing a deal as a key sponsor for athletes at the 2000 Sydney Olympics. What the deal would include; The deal as a possible boost to its share of the sporting footwear and apparel market.
- Defending the Olympics' backers. // Marketing (00253650);9/14/2000, p21
Focuses on the International Olympic Committee's efforts to safeguard the sponsors of the 2000 Olympic Games from scandals and ambush marketers. Expected revenues from sponsors; Advertising regulations in Sydney, New South Wales; Scandal clause negotiated by top level sponsors; Sponsors'...
- Olympic Efforts. Flett, Neil // New Zealand Management;Nov98, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p22
Presents the lessons learned by Sydney Olympic and Paralympic Games marketing chief officer John Moore from several bids made by Australia and New Zealand's companies to win the sponsorship for the year 2000 Olympic games to be held in Sydney, New South Wales. Enormous manufacturing and...
- Nike steps in as Reebok quits after Olympics row. Darby, Ian // Marketing (00253650);12/16/1999, p4
Reports that sportswear giant Nike will replace its rival Reebok as sponsor of the Sydney Olympic Games in 2000 in Sydney, New South Wales. Use of the sponsorship to supply a range of performance products to competing athletes; Background on the controversy leading to Reebok's withdrawal as...
- Barclaycard axes ...6m Olympic link. Kleinman, Mark // Marketing (00253650);8/10/2000, p1
Reports on the budget reduction of Barclaycard for the 2000 Olympic Games including its termination of support for individual British athletes. Review of the company's sports sponsorship program; Amount of Barclaycard's investment in the 2000 Olympics.