Welcome to the smart age
- Technology's wake up call. Walker, Clive // Event;Feb2006, p27
The article states that convention venues are responding to increasing demand from organizers for cutting-edge facilities in Great Britain as of February 2006. Technology is a key battleground. Spending on IT has increased over the past five years. A case in point is Earls Court & Olympia which...
- Lessening the impact. // Conference & Incentive Travel;Sep2009 Venue London, p19
The article presents several sustainable venues in London, England which include 15 Hatfields, Earls Court & Olympia Ltd. (EC&O) venues and Royal Lancaster Hotel. It stats that 15 Hatfields is a conference venue built through sustainable materials to minimise energy consumption. It also states...
- State of the nation. Walker, Clive // Event;Nov/Dec2005, p39
The article discusses the efforts of British venues to engage in infrastructure redevelopment, management changes and acquisitions, in a bid to remain competitive and viable in the midst of an economic downturn. Earls Court and Olympia has acquired Brewery at Square Mile in London, England....
- St James set to make bid for Alexandra Palace. Lazarus, Darren; McClary, Samantha // Estates Gazette;10/1/2005, Issue 539, p38
This article focuses on the plan of Earls Court & Olympia owners Anthony Lyons and David Coffer to bid for Alexandra Palace in 2005. The pair plan to acquire two more flagship London, England conference centers after buying the Brewery on Chiswell Street, EC1. The pair, whose investment fund St....
- Capital developments. Walker, Clive // Event;May2003, p23
Focuses on the actions taken by several events venues in London, England to attract more organizers. Excel; Next Step Initiative; Wembley Conference and Exhibition Centre; Earls Court & Olympia Group.
- Expanding EC&O pays Â£55m for the Brewery. Francisco, Lorraine // Event;Oct2005, p4
Reports on the acquisition of the Brewery convention facility by Earls Court and Olympia Group from Whitbread in London, England. Purpose of the acquisition; Seating capacity of the facility; Turnover of the venue for the year ending February 2005.
- No convention centre for Earls Court. // Estates Gazette;10/22/2005, Issue 542, p31
Reports on the decision of an independent mayoral commission to rule out Earls Court and ExCeL from hosting an International Convention Centre in London, England. Ruling of the commission on the required location for the centre; Concerns of landlords over the viability of the centre's venue;...
- Earl's Court Olympia announces 5m development programme. // Pro Sound News;Oct96, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p36
Reports on the plans of London's Earl's Court Olympia to invest funds into live events as part of a building improvement programme. Past investments made by the group; Information on major projects for 1996.
- ECO has stake in launch pair. // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug2001, p7
Reports on the participation of Earls Court and Olympia Group (ECO) in the NexTech 2002 and SX 2002 exhibitions. Role of ECO in the exhibitions; Information on NexTech 2002.