MLC makes mark with French foray
- Food imports up--and it'll get worse. Davies, Isabel; Riley, Jonathan // Farmers Weekly;11/12/2004, Vol. 141 Issue 20, p6
Reports on the increase of imported food products in Great Britain between 1992 to 2002. Implication of the decline of exported food products; Estimated volume of beef and veal that will be imported into the country by 2002 according to the Meat and Livestock Commission; Implications of the...
- MLC needs a rethink on promotion and levy use. Long, Jonathan; Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;11/1/2002, Vol. 137 Issue 18, p31
Focuses on the need for the Meat and Livestock Commission (MLC) to reassess the way it spends levies and promotes meat from Great Britain. Role played by the MLC in promoting meat to consumers; Percentage of self-sufficiency of Great Britain in beef; Vision of Grant Mackie, chief executive of...
- Giving a taste of British exports. // Farmers Weekly;2/28/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p5
Comments on the cost of the stand space for Great Britain's Meat and Livestock Commission (MLC) stand at the international trade show Salon International de l'Agriculture in Paris, France in February 2003. Information on the prospects for overseas market; Views on the effort of the MLC...
- MLC campaigns for labelling of meat on menus. Afiya, Amanda // Caterer & Hotelkeeper;10/23/2003, Vol. 192 Issue 4296, p6
Reports on a campaign by the British Meat & Livestock Commission (MLC) to increase labelling of meat origin on menus, as of October 2003. Launch of Best Practices Guidelines for the MLC campaign; Information on the guidelines for identifying the source of meat supply; Remarks from MLC chairman...
- Meat quango calls Â£2m media pitch. // Marketing Week;7/29/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 31, p14
Reports on the advertising campaign of the British Meat and Livestock Commission (MLC). Number of advertising agencies which MLC wants to handle its advertising account; Worth of the advertising contract; Framework finalized by MLC for its advertising campaign.
- Meat quality is the key to staying competitive. Hunt, Jeremy; Buss, Jessica // Farmers Weekly;5/14/2004, Vol. 140 Issue 20, p48
Focuses on the red meat industry of Great Britain. Ways on how red meat producers in Great Britain can compete against imported red meat suppliers; Importance of understanding the preferences of consumers in business planning according to Kevin Roberts, director general of the Meat and...
- A slice of action. // Food Manufacture;Dec2004, Vol. 79 Issue 12, p58
Reports on the publication of report on the sliced cooked meats market by the British Meat and Livestock Commission in Great Britain. Features of the report; Inclusion of consumer expenditure by product type and pack type.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. // Food Manufacture;Mar2004, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p6
Reports on food industry developments in Great Britain as of March 2004. Pre-tax profit of Cadbury Schweppes; Dairy company Dale Farm's acquisition of the trade and assets of Parmalat's British dairy processing activities; Report by Meat and Livestock Commission on farm assurance schemes.
- More bad German beef. // Food Manufacture;Dec2002, Vol. 77 Issue 12, p5
Reports that consignments of beef imported into Great Britain from Germany have been found to contain spinal cord.