Setting the scene for spot of retail theatre
- Weathering the Storm. Huntington, Patty // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/23/2005, Vol. 190 Issue 112, Special Section p20
The article focuses on fashion and trade shows in Australia as of November 23, 2005. Consolidation, expansion and accessories are the key words in the Australian fashion trade fair sector for 2006, with the country's highest-profile event under new ownership, one established show falling over...
- DIARY. // Event;Jun2004, p50
Covers issues related to the special events industry of Great Britain as of June 2004. Creation of Splash and Tickle, a mobile health spa for use at indoor and outdoor events, by Jim Mee; Rumors surrounding the events and exhibitions industry; Extension of the promotional deal between football...
- web chatter. // Event;Apr2010, p47
This section offers news briefs on exhibitions in Great Britain as of April 2010 including the plan of the competition called The Next Big Thing to hold regional British heats to search for the best new act for the event industry, the planned separation of Olympia exhibition halls into two...
- Exhibitions need right environment to thrive. Briggs, Matt // Marketing Event;Apr2000, p7
Offers advice to the exhibitions and events industry on how the industry could compete for visitors' time and exhibitors' money. How to excite the visitors through the exhibitions; Way of encouraging potential exhibitors and sponsors; Tips on the design of the show.
- Creating Art Fairs in Hong Kong... with no prior knowledge of art or Hong Kong! Ross, Charles // Estates Gazette;5/17/2014 Supplement 2014 The Props Brochure, p57
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of being in the events and exhibition industry, and learning about Hong Kong and art to create art fairs, including Art Basel Hong Kong with art fair organiser Art Basel, as well as in other cities of the world.
- Ticket masters. Burford-Taylor, Anna // Event;Feb2003, p17
Discusses online registration that allows for a two-way flow of information between visitors and event organizers. Percentage range of visitors at most trade shows that are pre-registered; Developments in technology that can make the show experience better for visitors and exhibitors; Comments...
- UK spirit on show at Expo 2000. Fletcher, Mike // Marketing Event;Jul/Aug2000, p26
Describes the pavilion booth of Great Britain at the Expo 2000 in Hanover, Germany. Effort of Great Britain to enhance its events management industry image; Cost of the pavillion; Information on the exhibition in Germany; Importance of the exhibition.
- Fighting audit apathy. Osborne, Peter // Marketing Event;Apr2001, p20
Focuses on the efforts of the Association of Exhibition Organisers (AEO) in raising the standards for the special events industry in Great Britain. Issues concerning the non-member organizers; Reasons why members should be using the AEO logo.
- A CONSUMER PRICE INDEX FOR EXHIBITS. // Religious Conference Manager;Dec2002, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the Exhibition Industry Growth Index from the Center for Exhibition Industry Research that will track the growth of the exhibition industry in the U.S. and Canada.