Power, School District Deals Proposed to Illinois Development Finance Authority
- ILLINOIS. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;3/21/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31101, p31
Reports on the approval given by the Illinois Development Finance Authority to Illinois Power Co.'s proposed $ 186 million refunding bond issue. Speculation related to the pricing of the deal in May 2001; Refund of pollution control bands issued in 1993 and 1987 that financed projects at the...
- Illinois Agency to Sell $75M for Peoples Gas. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/15/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31514, p4
Reports on plans of Chicago, Illinois-based Peoples Gas Light and Coke Co. that will market tax-exempt securities and refunding industrial revenue bonds through Illinois Development Finance Authority (IDFA). Total value of bonds to be sold by the authority; Bond allocation under the...
- Illinois Authority First to Settle With IRS Over FHLB-Backed Debt. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/11/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31613, p1
The Illinois Development Finance Authority approved the conversion of 5.3 million dollars of Coburn Steel Products Inc. (CSP) tax-exempt industrial revenue bonds to a taxable investment as part of its settlement agreement with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS). The IRS issued a preliminary...
- IFA to Seek Reimbursement for Pooled Bond Audit. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;8/10/2005, Vol. 353 Issue 32193, p4
Reports on the intention of the Illinois Finance Authority to seek reimbursement for its costs associated with the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) audit of pooled bond. Agreement reached by the state agency with the IRS that leaves the tax-exempt status of the bonds intact; Resolution of an...
- Illinois jacks up development finance authority's debt capacity. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p7
Reports on Illinois state lawmakers' approval of proposals to increase the Illinois Development Finance Authority's borrowing capacity and make it easier for non-home-rule cities to seek approval to levy a sales tax for infrastructure. Approval during traditional fall veto session; $1 billion...
- Illinois Is Showing Faith. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/14/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31573, p1
Reports on the approval of faith-based organizations in the U.S. to act as issuer for their proposed bond transactions granted by the Illinois Development Finance Authority (IDFA) as of February 2003. IDFA approval to the Salvation Army for a multi-million dollar bond sale; Other organizations...
- IDFA maneuvers to stay in business until its debt cap climbs. Ward, Andrew // Bond Buyer;11/22/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30773, p36
Reports that the Illinois Development Finance Authority has approved eight revenue bond deals. Structure of the deals under the state-imposed borrowing limits; Increase of the debt cap of the state.
- Illinois Development Agency's Board Expands Its Roster. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p4
Indicates that the Illinois Development Finance Authority board will soon grow in size from 15 to 17 members. Aspects of legislation signed by Governor George Ryan; Aim to accommodate the wishes of Republican Senate President James Philip who represents a DuPage County district.
- Illinois Forgoes Rating From S&P on Triple-A SRF Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;6/7/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31403, p3
Reports the rating of the Illinois Development Finance Authority's state revolving deal. View of the market participants on the omission of Standard & Poor rating; Basis of the ratings; Presentation of the biggest borrower of the revolving fund.