Two Texas Districts Go to Polls For School Bonds Tomorrow
- BCISD officials sort bond projects by type. WALKER, JAMES // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);11/19/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 48, p1
The article focuses on the move of the board members of the Burnet Consolidated Independent School District to start dealing with issues regarding the implementation of the projects voters approved in a $26.7 bond package.
- Three Texas School Districts Make the Double-A Grade. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/7/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33228, p7
The article reports on the double-A grade of three school districts in Texas on bond deals, upgraded by Standard & Poor's Corp. It notes that Del Valle Independent School District (DVISD) in Austin has rose from A to AA-minus and has reached the comfort zone of risk-averse investors. It mentions...
- Oklahoma County ISD Sells 1st Tranche From November Vote. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;12/2/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33226, p6
The article reports that Oklahoma County Independent School District No.1 will use up a 2007 authorization and sell the first bonds from the November 2009 elections with the competitive sale of 15.5 million dollars of general obligation bonds. The sale will give the district with 76.3 million...
- Two School Districts Add $1B to Bond Ballot. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/21/2014, Vol. 1 Issue 34165, p1
The article informs that school boards in the Katy Independent School District and nearby Fort Bend Independent School District (ISD) have added 1 billion U.S. dollars to Texas' November 2014 bond ballot. It reveals the Fort Bend ISD proposal which includes installation of security cameras,...
- Dallas ISD Refunding $222.6 Million for Savings. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/25/2014, Issue 34216, p1
Dallas Independent School District joins the year-end parade to the refunding market with $222.6 million of bonds expected to price Dec. 2
- San Antonio ISD Speeds to Market. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/14/2010, Vol. 374 Issue 33432, p1
The article reports on the move of the San Antonio Independent School District (ISD) to introduce its bond proposal worth 515 million dollars in Texas. According to Steve Bassett, chief financial officer of the district, the bonds are intended for creating projects such as renovations and...
- Katy ISD One of Last to Get PSF Backing Before Fund Froze Up. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;2/12/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33061, p4
The article reports that the Katy Independent School District will get Permanent School Fund (PSF) backing and an upgrade to its underlying bond rating from two rating agencies in Katy, Texas. The district was one of the last to win PSF backing for its debt before the fund was frozen due to...
- Texas Voters Slap Down Some of Largest Bond Proposals. Williamson, Richard // Bondbuyer.com;5/11/2015, p1
More than $1.2 billion of the $5.4 billion of bond proposals on Texas ballots went down to defeat in local elections May 9.
- Dallas-Area Rockwall ISD Refunding $50.6 Million. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/13/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32401, p3
The article reports on the plan of the Dallas-area Rockwall Independent School District to go to market with approximately $50.6 million of general obligation refunding bonds, a deal that includes capital appreciation and current interests bonds in Texas. Nearly $5 billion of debt approved in...