Warm Reception for $92M CCRC Deal in North Carolina
- Continuing Drought in Supply Helps Massachusetts Retirement Facility. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;01/26/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31065, p6
Reports on the nonrated high-yield bonds from the Massachusetts Development Finance Authority for a local retirement facility. Attention given to the investment-grade market; Range of fixed-rate bonds; Recipient of the sales proceeds.
- Insurance-Based Yields Don't Wreck Market for a N.J. Deal. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;8/15/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31203, p36
Reports on the insurance of the bonds issued by the House of Good Shepherd continuing care retirement center in New Jersey. Oversubscription of the bond deal; Marketing of the retirement center as a nonrated credit.
- Florida County Authority to Sell $150 Million for CCRCs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;04/13/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30618, p32
Focuses on the $150 million revenue bond issue planned by the Lee County, Florida, Industrial Development Authority to refund and refinance continuing care retirement communities in the county. Debt servicing; Deal structure; Bond maturities; Bond ratings.
- Friendship Village's faceoff with Illinois agency may lead to Fitch downgrade. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/29/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30510, p7
Reports on the possible downgrade of Chicago's Friendship Village of Schaumburg's bonds due to the retirement community's dispute with the Illinois Department of Public Health. Complaints against Friendship Village; Current rating of Friendship's bonds; Friendship's use of revenues from its bonds.
- Forbearance Deadline. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;5/17/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31885, p41
Reports on Maryland Economic Development Corp.'s issuance of a notice to holders of defaulted bonds for the AHF/Gull Creek Retirement Community seeking an extension of the deadline date for entering the forbearance agreement in connection with the default. Reasons for the deadline extension.
- Upscale CCRC Taps Reserves. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/30/2009, Vol. 370 Issue 33224, p1
The article reports that Clare at Water Tower, an upscale continuing care retirement community (CCRC), has tapped 554,000 dollars from its debt-service reserves to pay its November 15, 2009 debt-service in Chicago, Illinois. The CCRC struggled to meet its financial projections due to cost...
- Maryland County Weighs $80M Deal for Newly Nonprofit Retirement Facility. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/24/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31768, p6
Reports on the plan of the officials of Montgomery County, Maryland to issue tax-exempt bonds on behalf of Riderwood Village retirement community. Total amount of the bonds; Components of the taxable debt issues; Citations of the appointed underwriters for the deal.
- Albuquerque, N.M., retirement center defaults on bonds, draws down reserves. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;09/15/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30230, p30
Reports on the default on the subordinated bonds of a retirement center in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Value of the default; Insufficiency of available funds for the center to make debt service payments.
- Investors Will Decide Fate in April Of Birmingham, Ala., Nursing Home. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;04/10/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31115, p3
Reports on the failure of the owners of a retirement center and a nursing home in Alabama to make payments on outstanding high-risk bonds. Structure of the bonds authorized by the Birmingham Historical Preservation Authority; Guarantee of the bonds.