West Virginia Governor Delivers Solemn View of State's Economy
- Moving Mountains. Ehrenhalt, Alan // Governing;Dec2002, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p36
Looks at the business-labor collaboration efforts of West Virginia Governor Bob Wise in 2002. Information on the A Vision Shared program of Wise; Effect of the Super Tax Credit instituted in 1985 on the economy.
- State Finances Require MORE FOCUS. ROSS, JIM; HOHMANN, GEORGE // State Journal (WV);1/3/2014, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p1
The article focuses on the state budget issues in West Virginia which is about to hit a $40 million deficit in fiscal year 2014 and $300 million in 2015.
- Outgoing West Virginia Governor May Call Special. Gambling Session. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/7/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32024, p38
The article reports that West Virginia Governor Bob Wise announced that he is considering calling a special session of the Legislature before his term expires in January to try to legalize table gambling in the state, a measure he says could help address the state's impending budget deficit over...
- West Virginia Governor Seeks to Avoid Further Cuts, Despite Falling Revenues. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/20/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31766, p28
Reports on the efforts of Governor Bob Wise to prevent additional budget cuts in West Virginia. Reduction in the income tax collections in the state; Projected state budget deficit in the year 2003; Total amount of first-quarter general revenues.
- West Virginia: Ambassadors, exporters convene to bring more of state to the world. Wallace, Douglas // Business America;Jun98, Vol. 119 Issue 6, p25
Highlights proceedings of the 1998 West Virginia International Trade Partners Luncheon held in Washington, D.C. on May 20. Keynote speakers; Topics discussed; US Department of Commerce's efforts to develop strategies for increasing exports from rural areas.
- Looking for Growth While Treading Water. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p66A
Focuses on the economic condition of West Virginia in the fiscal year 2002. Expected growth in the state's budget in the fiscal 2003; Increase in the revenue collections from July through November 2001; Expected revenue growth in the fiscal 2002; Estimated income from the lottery in fiscal...
- West Virginia's Growth Lagging Behind Rest of Nation. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/10/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31301, p29
Focuses on the economic conditions of West Virginia. Comparison of the growth of real gross state product with other states of the U.S.; Percentage increase in jobs between 1990 and 2000; Median household income in the state in 2000.
- Tech Connect Funding Could Lead To High-Paying Jobs. // State Journal (WV);10/28/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 42, p25
The article reports that funding from the U.S. Economic Development Administration could help Tech Connect of West Virginia in diversifying West Virginia's economic development by providing high wage jobs.
- Diary of a congressman. Wise, Bob // Washington Monthly;Jun95, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p40
Presents the experiences of Congressman Bob Wise in the United States Congress from November 8, 1994 to April 11, 1995. Election night; First day in office; Strategy meetings; Pushing for a lobbying reform bill; Party caucuses; Recreational activities; Invitations to television programs;...