Near-Term Fixes to California Power Crisis Elusive, Analysts Say
- Looking for a way out of the belly of the beast. Wenner, Gretchen // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/28/2001, Issue 322778, p5
Focuses on the status of power resources in Fresno, California. Details of energy crisis solution at the Regional Energy Summit in California State University; Relevance of energy crisis in window tinting business; Additional budget on the rebate program of California Energy Commission.
- Energy Commission funds four projects. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;7/29/96, Vol. 198 Issue 13, p24
Reports that the California Energy Commission has awarded funding to research on energy-efficient residential water heaters, commercial boilers, solar heating and air conditioning, and biorecycling to convert animal waste into energy and liquid fertilizer. Background on the funded projects.
- New Energy Standards Banish Linear Supplies. Jovalusky, John // Power Electronics Technology;Mar2005, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p42
The article reports on the California Energy Commission (CEC) mandating minimum levels of efficiency for external power supplies sold in the state, according to which, many linear supplies will need to be redesigned using switch-mode technology. The new CEC standards are intended to reduce the...
- Long, hot summer. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jun2004, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p4
Focuses on the emergency power alert which hit California on March 29, 2004. Factors which will contribute to a continuous emergency power alerts in California in the summer of 2004; Actions taken by California governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to solve the problem of power shortage; Condition of...
- How 'Microgrids' are Poised To Alter The Power Delivery Landscape. Agrawal, Poonum; Rawson, Mark; Blazewicz, Stan; Small, Forrest // Utility Automation & Engineering T&D;Jul/Aug2006, Vol. 11 Issue 6, p45
The article discusses the advanced energy delivery concept called microgrid, an integrated energy system that is under research and development by the U.S. Department of Energy's Office of Electricity Delivery and Energy Reliability and the California Energy Commission. A microgrid is composed...
- Sacramento, California SPECIAL GRANT PROGRAM FUNDS SMALL-SCALE ENERGY SAVING PROJECTS. // BioCycle;Oct2004, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p20
Reports on the award of grants for small-scale energy saving projects by the California Energy Commission. Grant amount per project; Coverage of the Energy Innovations Small Grant program; Program administrator.
- California warning. // Power Economics;10/18/2004, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p3
Focuses on the report from the California Energy Commission which shows the possible thinning of the electricity reserve margins in California. Statement of the Integrated Energy Policy Report on the condition of the electricity reserve of the state; Need to decommissioned the large nuclear and...
- Focus on renewable energy could mean boon for Valley. McLain, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;10/29/2004, Issue 323315, p7
Focuses on the California Energy Commission's release of a report which shows that the state's energy reserves may run out by 2008. Percentage of California's megawatts which are produced in plants that were built in 1980; Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's direction of California's investor-owned...
- Energy commission updates Calif. building standards. // Contractor Magazine;Sep97, Vol. 44 Issue 9, p56
Presents information on the California Energy Commission, who has stated that since 1977 Californians have saved $10 million in utility savings as a result of state's building energy standards. What are the other improvements that would be introduced; Information on how to assure energy...