MTA Issue Will Include Taxable Debt
- NEW YORK: Get in Line. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;4/1/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31355, p37
Reports on the expected sales of municipal bonds in New York City. Approval of the refinancing plan of the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority; Amount of bonds to be issued by the Empire State Development Corp.
- MTA adds `spring' to sale of last bonds from current capital plan. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;02/08/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30824, p3
Reports on the New York City Metropolitan Transportation Authority's plan to sell the remaining portion of its municipal bond issue as of February 8, 2000. Details of the planned bond issue; Structuring of the bond around a springing amendment.
- N.Y. MTA to Issue More Green Bonds. Burton, Paul // Bondbuyer.com;1/24/2017, p1
New York's Metropolitan Transportation Authority expects to issue more environmental green bonds in 2017, a finance official told board members.
- Outer-Borough Voices: Overhaul MTA Financing. Burton, Paul // Bond Buyer;12/12/2014, Issue F347, p1
MTA officials heard Staten Island officials and residents tell them that they and other outer boroughs are shortchanged.
- Munis Gain, Treasuries Turn Mixed; $1.7 Billion N.Y. MTA Offering Sells. Monsarrat, Sean; Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;6/5/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31401, p2
Focuses on the economic developments concerning New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority. Sales growth in municipal bonds; Performance of the treasury bonds; Percentage increase of prices in municipal market.
- N.Y. MTA Plans to Sell $600M of Rans Backed by New Payroll Tax. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;6/23/2009, Vol. 368 Issue 33136, p3
The article reports that New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) is preparing to enter the market with about $600 million of revenue anticipation notes. The bonds will be the first deal backed by a new payroll tax, which enacted by the state in May 2009 as part of a bailout of the...
- N.Y. MTA to Sell $600M; Capital Plan Heading to Review Board. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;9/22/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33187, p24
The article reports on the plan of the New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) to sell up to 600 million dollars of transportation revenue bonds in September 2009. It states that the bonds were issued with a 30-year maturity at 5.5%. It notes that the finance committee has approved...
- New kid on the block. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;03/22/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30603, p1
Reports on the debut of a retooled Salomon Smith Barney Inc. municipal derivatives unit. Salomon Barney's bid on a $237 million New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority swaption; Salomon's entry into the market as a principal; Combination of stealth and vigor as the signature of the...
- Munis Mostly Unchanged as Traders Shrug at Strike. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;12/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32283, p2
The article focuses on the municipal bond market in New York City. The people working in the market faced commuting problems as a result of a transit strike. The strike was caused due to a dispute between the Metropolitan Transportation Authority and Transport Workers Union Local 100, over a new...