ADJUSTING THE VALUES OF THE FUNDAMENTAL CONSTANTS
- THE FUNDAMENTAL PHYSICAL CONSTANTS. Cohen, E. Richard; Taylor, Barry N. // Physics Today;Aug96 Part Two, Vol. 49 Issue 8, pBG9
Focuses on the fundamental physical constants. Refinement of recommended values for the basic constants and conversion factors of physics and chemistry; Stochastic data; Changes in recommended values. INSET: Prologue..
- Numerical simulation of rate constants for a two degree of freedom system in the weak collision limit. Straub, John E.; Borkovec, Michal; Berne, Bruce J. // Journal of Chemical Physics;4/1/87, Vol. 86 Issue 7, p4296
Presents a numerical simulation of rate constants for a two degree of freedom system on the weak collision limit. Results for the uncoupled system; Log-log plot of the rate constant as a function of friction; Coupling for the system corresponding to the rate constant.
- THE FUNDAMENTAL PHYSICAL CONSTANTS. Mohr, Peter J.; Taylor, Barry N. // Physics Today;Aug2002 Buyer's Guide, Vol. 55 Issue 8, pBG6
Presents a new set of recommended values of the basic constants and conversion factors of physics and chemistry issued by the Committee on Data for Science and Technology (CODATA) in 1998. Background of the CODATA; Explanation on the changes of the values of basic constants from the...
- On the Cold Front. // Sciences;Jul/Aug89, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p2
Discusses the concept of absolute zero. When it was first theorized; First significant step in the direction of achieving absolute zero; Laws formulated.
- Appendix B. Metric and Other Physical Conversion Factors. // Monthly Energy Review;Apr2001, p161
Provides information on physical conversion factors. List of metric conversion factors; Derivation of names and multiples in the metric system; Information on metric prefixes.
- The Fundamental Physical Constants. Cohen', E. Richard; Taylor, Barry N. // Physics Today;Aug99 Part 2, Vol. 52 Issue 8, p5
Provides information on the values of the fundamental constants in physics and chemistry recommended by the Committee on Data for Science and Technology of the International Council of Scientific Unions. Categorization of the data used for the 1986 adjustment of the constants value; Examples of...
- NOTES AND MEMORANDA: PROFESSOR CARVER'S CONCEPT OF AN ECONOMIC QUANTITY. Wicker, George Ray // Quarterly Journal of Economics;Aug08, Vol. 22 Issue 4, p645
Discusses the concept of an economic quantity. Details of the quantitative comparisons of measurement; Scientific distinctions between the properties of economic quantity; Way of expressing the quantity of value.
- Do the Fundamental Constants Vary in the Course of Cosmological Evolution? Ivanchik, A. V.; Rodriguez, E.; Petitjean, P.; Varshalovich, D. A. // Astronomy Letters;Jul2002, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p423
The possible cosmological variation of the proton-to-electron mass ratio ï¿½ = m[sub p]/m[sub e] was estimated by measuring the H[sub 2] wavelengths in the spectra of distant quasars. We analyze high-resolution (FWHM ï¿½ 7 km s[sup -1]) spectra of the two damped Lyman-a systems at...
- Ab initio computation of forces and molecular spectroscopic constants using plane waves based auxiliary field Monte Carlo with application to N[sub 2]. Baer, Roi // Journal of Chemical Physics;07/08/2000, Vol. 113 Issue 2, p473
Correlated sampling within the shifted contour auxiliary field Monte Carlo method, implemented using plane waves and pseudopotentials, allows computation of electronic forces on nuclei, potential energy differences, geometric and vibrotational spectroscopic constants. This is exemplified on the...