A Steady, Not Yo-Yo, Diet
- New Era At The FCC. Krapf, Eric // Business Communications Review;Feb2001, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p6
Editorial. Offers observation on the views of Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC), about telecom deregulation. Hints on how Powell will approach the telecommunication deregulation issue; Powell's comments on the power struggle that lies at the...
- Weary Powell Sees Overregulation Trend. Geraghty, Jim // Multichannel News;8/25/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 34, p24
Reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell warned telecommunications executives that faith in free markets and deregulation is waning in the nation's capital. Concerns expressed by Power on the structure of five members of FCC.
- A new sheriff in town. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/19/2001, Vol. 131 Issue 12, p90
Editorial. Comments on United States Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell's pledge to increase deregulation within the telecommunications industry. Approval of radio deals involving 62 stations in March 2001; Impatience with bureaucratic process; Reaction of...
- Powell likely to push for deregulation. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;01/08/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 2, p1A
Reports that Michael Powell is likely to push for deregulation of the television broadcasting industry if he gets promoted to chairman of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Powell's endorsement of a network campaign for regulatory relief on buying more television stations;...
- As Jan. 1 looms, questions surround consolidation. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;7/1/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 26, p14
Focuses on the deregulation of the wireless spectrum by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Economic problems faced by the wireless industry; Reactions of Verizon Wireless Inc. on the merger guidelines drafted by the FCC; Factors that hinder industry consolidation.
- Powell: FCC should consider liberating regulations. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/25/98, Vol. 17 Issue 21, p15
States that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in indecisive about deregulation and competition in the wireless industry. Views that the wireless industry is experiencing competition and should not be regulated; Comments from Michael Powell, FCC commissioner; Reference to...
- The rules of engagement. Fitzgerald, Nora // Adweek Eastern Edition;10/21/1996, Vol. 37 Issue 43, p40
Discusses gray areas in telecommunication services marketing that the US Federal Communications Commission must resolve in the interest of true industry deregulation. Pacific Telesis Group's request for permission to offer long-distance service in its markets; Industry wars over false...
- The rules of engagement. Fitzgerald, Nora // Adweek Western Edition;10/21/96, Vol. 46 Issue 43, p40
Focuses on the US Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) evaluation of deregulation in the telecommunications industry. Claims of marketing officials and lawyers; FCC's provision in the handling of advertising and marketing claims; Comments from various company executives.
- De-reg foes will make last stand in Congress. Crabtree, Susan // Daily Variety;6/2/2003, Vol. 279 Issue 39, p1
Focuses on the deregulation proposal of the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in the U.S. Plans of FCC to give big media companies bigger freedom to operate; Effects of the move on small businesses; Opposition of the Republicans to the legislation.