Flying High Once Again?
- Prepaid Paging A No-strings Gift. Lopez, Ed // Wireless Week;12/20/99, Vol. 5 Issue 51, p18
Focuses on the prepaid paging offered by WebLink Wireless. Prediction on the sales of prepaid paging; Target customers of prepaid paging; Customer appeal of SkyTel's prepaid offer.
- Metrocall, WebLink plan unprecedented merger. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p2
Reports that Metrocall Inc. and WebLink Wireless Inc. announced a plan to merge by filing for bankruptcy in the United States as of April 2001. Benefit of the merger to their business; Conditions of the merger.
- Surviving And Emerging From Bankruptcy. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;04/09/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 15, p1
Reports on the planned merger of WebLink Wireless Inc. with Metrocall Inc. Value of the proposed merger; Terms of the agreement; Implications of the move.
- Chances faint for WebLink-Metrocall connection. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;5/21/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p3
Reports on the withdrawal of Metrocall's merger agreement with WebLink Wireless Inc. in May 2001. Reasons for Metrocall's move; Financial situation of WebLink.
- Paging industry begins to outpace bankruptcy cycle. Dano, Mike // RCR Wireless News;9/16/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 37, p8
Presents an update on the financial health of some paging and messaging operators in the U.S. as of September 16, 2002. Recovery of WebLink Wireless Inc. from bankruptcy; Approval of the reorganization plan of Metrocall Inc. by the Bankruptcy Court; Plans of WorldCom company for its SkyTel...
- Metrocall Re-evaluates Merger. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/21/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 21, p5
Reports that Metrocall Inc. is seeking to renegotiate the terms of its planned merger with two-way wireless messaging rival WebLink Wireless Incorporated. Action taken by WebLink that disappointed Metrocall shareholders; Factor that will affect the outcome of the merger plan; What attracted...
- Two-way Providers Pare Positions. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/14/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 20, p5
Reports on the plan of wireless electronic mail messaging providers Metrocall Inc. and Web Link Wireless Inc. to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in the United States to facilitate their merger. Expectations of the companies that their merger would enable them to stay competitive in the industry;...
- Contesting The 'Killer Application' Careless, James // Wireless Week;07/10/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 28, p26
Focuses on the ReFLEX 3.0 protocol of Motorola which is the favored application of WebLink Wireless Inc. and MetroCall Inc. for their instant messaging services. How the ReFLEX protocol works; Benefits of quadrupling a wireless data carrier's network capacity; Prediction on instant messaging.
- Country's second largest paging firm to open office and retail store. Jones, Lara // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/23/98, Vol. 28 Issue 22, p5
Focuses on the plan of paging company, Metrocall Inc. to launch a central office and retail store in Salt Lake City, Utah. Negotiation for the lease; Acquisition of the messaging division of AT and T Wireless.