UbiquiTel Vaults To No. 2
- UbiquiTel subsidiary sells towers. // RCR Wireless News;6/16/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 24, p21
Reports that VIA Wireless L.L.C., a subsidiary of UbiquiTel Inc., has sold 100 wireless communications towers to GoldenState Towers L.L.C. Amount of the deal; Plans of UbiquiTel Inc.
- UbiquiTel buys VIA Wireless. // RCR Wireless News;2/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p27
Reports on Sprint PCS affiliate Ubiquitel Inc.'s entry into an agreement to acquire VIA Wireless, a privately held Sprint PCS network partner.
- VIA's flat-rate service may not survive merger with Sprint. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/22/99, Issue 322424, p1
Focuses on the affiliate agreement between VIA Wireless (VW) and Sprint PCS. Distinction of the deal from a merger; Benefits of both companies from the affiliation; Speculations on the duration of the VW flat rate service offer.
- Fresno's Via Wireless signs on with Sprint PCS. Reynolds, Kelley // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;02/15/99, Issue 322421, p1
Reports on Sprint PCS' affiliation agreement with Fresno, California-based VIA Wireless. Details of the agreement; Background on Sprint PCS' efforts to expand its operations in the United States.
- UbiquiTel Fights Back With Local Plan. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/5/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 30, p18
Reports on the effort of UbiquiTel Inc. to use its knowledge of local markets and its ability to offer more airtime to design a local plan in driving more customers into its stores. Cost of UbiquiTel's local plan; Expectation of UbiquiTel on customers by the fourth quarter of 2002; Increase in...
- UbiquiTel launches service in Idaho. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p2
States that UbiquiTel Inc., a Sprint PCS Network Partner, has launched a wireless service in Boise, Idaho.
- UbiquiTel launches in Northern Calif. // RCR Wireless News;4/23/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 17, p7
States that UbiquiTel Inc. has launched a wireless communications service in Northern California.
- Network Expands In Spokane. // Wireless Week;01/01/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p26
Reports on the expansion of the wireless communication network surrounding Spokane, Washington, by UbiquiTel Inc. Services offered by UbiquiTel; Coverage of the company's network.
- UbiquiTel, VoiceStream close Calif. sale. // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p32
Announces that UbiquiTel Inc. has completed the sale of the California spectrum of VIA Wireless to VoiceStream Wireless Corporation. Value and scope of the spectrum sold; Comments from Donald Harris, UbiquiTel's chairman and chief executive officer.