TI's OMAP Not New, But Newly Available
- Creating Music, Ring Tones In A 3G World. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;03/05/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 10, p16
Deals with the plans of Beatnik Inc. to optimize its audio engine for use with wireless communication chips made by Texas Instruments Inc. (TI), Intel Corp. and ARM. Impact of the Beatnik's Rich Music Format software on the audio capabilities of wireless phones; Impact of the plans on...
- Texas Instruments releases synthesizer for OEMs. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;06/08/98, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p33
Reports that the Texas Instruments company unveiled its TRF3040 Modulator/Synthesizer, designed for original equipment manufacturers developing wireless phones. Features of the modulator/synthesizer; Details on the service offered by the modulator/synthesizer; Comments by Sam Pritchett,...
- The pathway to IP telephony. Baker, Glenn // New Zealand Management;Jun2000, Vol. 47 Issue 5, e Office p7
Focuses on integrated or adjuct wireless telephony in New Zealand. How the technology works; Advantages of a voice image processing; Pieces of advice on choosing suppliers for wireless telephony. INSET: The office without wires.
- CTIA: Wireless growth accelerates. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;11/15/99, Vol. 14 Issue 26, p48
Reports on the growth in the number of wireless telephone subscribers in the United States, in the first half of 1999. Percentage of growth; Comparison with growth rates in previous periods; Total number of people using wireless telephones.
- A smart-phone odyssey. Brodsky, Ira // Wireless Review;08/15/98, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p62
Offers information on wireless smart telephones. Challenges faced by wireless carriers; What sets wireless smart telephones from others; Improvements in smart telephones; Technologies that may help smart telephones to perform well. INSET: Browser works with smart phones.
- Not Sold on Cellphones. Little, Matthew J. // Products Finishing;Apr2003, Vol. 67 Issue 7, p8
Discusses various limitations of cellphones. Impact of extra features in the cellphone on the phone's battery; Drawback of an internal antenna in the cellphone; Problems arising in cellphone's signal in suburban areas.
- Wireless carriers running out of phone numbers. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;05/29/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 22, p36
Reports on the concern by wireless carriers that they are running out of telephone numbers to assign to subscribers.
- Her Honor Joins In `The Debate'. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;10/04/99, Vol. 5 Issue 40, p1
Reports on a California Field poll on the use of wireless phones in certain public areas. Findings on phone use while driving; Choices for controlling phone use; Biases inherent in the approach.
- Listen carefully to wireless phone plans. // Fairfield County Business Journal;06/26/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 26, Special Section pB21
Discusses the various aspects of choosing a wireless telephone plan. Understanding of the kind of wireless technology available; Perks of digital telephones; Average cost of service plans.