Verizon Purchases PCS Licenses, Launches Mobile Net Access
- Competition Watch. // Telephony;01/17/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 3, p12
Presents news briefs from the telecommunication industry as of January 17, 2000. Competitive local telephone service planned by Alltel; Switches for high-speed network backbone chosen by Primary Network Communications; Franchise application filed by Seren Innovations to provide cable television...
- Alltel Bucks Telecom Trend. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;3/15/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p20
Discusses the accomplishments of telecommunication company Alltell in 2002. Profit posted by the company in 2002; History of the company; Challenges faced by the company in 2002. INSET: INCOMING CTIA CHAIRMAN OUTLINES TASKS AHEAD.
- Alltel Maintains Reputation For Strong Balance Sheet. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;8/6/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 32, p14
Features the Alltel Corp. wireless telecommunication company. Plan of expanding from regional to national service; Assessment of promotional and advertising efforts; Company net revenue.
- Alltel UPS virginia presence. // Telephony;12/07/98, Vol. 235 Issue 23, p56
Reports that Alltel has bought out the two partners that operated its Danville, Virginia wireless network giving it complete access to thousands of potential customers in the area.
- Alltel, MetroPCS hint at 700 MHz plans. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;6/4/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p11
The article reports on the plans of Alltel Corp. and MetroPCS Wireless Inc. to bid in the 700 megahertz (MHz) spectrum auction of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). Alltel requested that the Federal Communications Commission avoid plans to set aside a chunk of the spectrum for a...
- Alltel Offers Nice Niche Play In Telecom Sector. // DRIP Investor;Dec2001, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p7
Reports on the stock trading of Alltel Corp. in the telecommunication industry in Little Rock, Arkansas. Overview on services provided by the company; Impact of the company's takeover bid for CenturyTel on stock trading; Company background.
- GTE, Alltel to swap markets. Stacklin, Jeff // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/21/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p2
Reports on the decision of Alltel Communications and GTE Corp. to swap coverage areas and customers in Northeast Ohio in summer 2000. Launch of marketing campaign to explain the transition to customers; Efforts to accustom subscribers to the move.
- AirTouch, AllTel get 'D's on diversity report card. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/21/98, Vol. 17 Issue 38, p2
Reports that AllTel Corp. and AirTouch Communications Inc. received a D rating from the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP) on the participation of African-Americans. Reference to calls from NAACP President Kweisi Mfume for a boycott of the two companies; What...
- Alltel Moves, But Stock Doesn't. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;03/13/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 11, p3
Reports that telecommunication company Alltel Corp. plans to sell its complementary metal oxide semiconductor properties. Effect of the move on its stock; Overview of its stock trading; Deal of Alltel with Bell Atlantic.