Big Carriers Get Personal With Regional Calling Plans
- Rollover or play dead. Weber, Toby // Wireless Review;Oct2002, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p12
Focuses on the problem posed by the pricing plans implemented by wireless communication companies in the U.S. Competition in the price ranges offered by the companies; Details on the rollover minutes pricing plan offered by Cingular; Importance of customer service in the success of the industry.
- 'Power Pack' plans align Sprint Nextel with larger rivals. Hill, Kelly // RCR Wireless News;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p5
This article announces that Sprint Nextel has replaced its Fair & Flexible service plans with its new Power Pack plans in January 2007. Sprint Nextel still undercuts its largest rivals with an entry level plan that includes 200 anytime calling minutes for $30 per month that includes unlimited...
- AWS/Cingular merger could mean 8-percent price rise,
study says. // RCR Wireless News;5/31/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 22, p12
Reports on the possible increase in wireless industry prices if the pending acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Cingular Wireless LLC is approved by U.S. government regulators, according to a report by Phoenix Center for Advanced Legal and Economic Public Policy Studies. Reasons for...
- Cingular Heads North. // Wireless Week;8/20/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 34, p26
Reports that the business unit of Cingular Wireless Inc. introduced a Canadian roaming service in major metropolitan areas.
- Cingular Starts Testing GAIT. // Wireless Week;1/21/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p5
Reports that Cingular Wireless has started field tests on interoperability standards allowing its subscribers to use both its global satellite for mobile communications and time division multiple access networks. Cingular's plan for the technology called, GAIT; Company that is providing the...
- BITS. // Wireless Week;4/1/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 13, p16
Presents news in telecommunication business as of April 2002. Teen driving safety and courtesy program launched by Cingular Wireless; Rural Wireless Telecommunications Consumer Enhancement Act of 2002 introduced by Representative Barbara Cubin, R-Wyo.; Operators of a common wireless carrier...
- CINGULAR UNVEILS ADVANCED NETWORK/PHONES FOR MISSOURI. // Tele-Service News;Nov2003, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p7
Features the network unveiled by Cingular Wireless which provides advances in wireless technology, offering phones with greater functionality, superior sound quality and high-speed data connectivity.
- Cingular launches plan that lets customers save unused minutes. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p4
Reports that Cingular Wireless LLC has launched its Rollover program for local calling plans that allows customers to roll over unused minutes.
- CINGULAR WIRELESS UNVEILS VOICE-ACTIVATED WIRELESS PORTAL. // Audiotex Update;Jan2002, p6
Introduces Voice Connect, a voice portal product from Cingular Wireless in the U.S. Product features; Availability; Pricing.