Broadband Firms Face Pivotal Year
- WinStar provides more LNP. // Telephony;09/14/98, Vol. 235 Issue 11, p92
Reports that WinStar Communications has introduced local number portability to customers in several American states.
- WINSTAR NABS MORE SPECTRUM. // Telephony;12/01/97, Vol. 233 Issue 22, p28
Reports that WinStar Communications Inc. has acquired more licenses from the U.S. Federal Communications Commission that will allow the carrier to boost its market presence in various cities in the U.S.
- WinStar wins Germany license grants. // RCR;08/30/99, Vol. 18 Issue 35, p8
Reports on WinStar Communications Inc.'s receipt of a telecommunication license for Hamburg and Cologne, Germany.
- WinStar starts service in Miami. // RCR;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p8
Reports on WinStar Communications Inc.'s launching of telecommunication service in Miami, Florida.
- Lighting up the night. Sklar, Debbie L. // America's Network;02/15/98, Vol. 102 Issue 4, p75
Focuses on the construction of 40-foot telecommunications tower atop the LaSalle-Wacker Building in Chicago, Illinois. Benefit of the tower for WinStar Communications' wireless telecom services; Description of the tower.
- Winstar brings wireless broadband to Big Apple. // RCR;01/24/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p29
Announces Winstar Communications Inc.'s release of Broadband Plus, a dedicated, high-speed, high-capacity broadband network to serve New York City's Silicon Alley. Winstar's claim of being the first communications firm to enable electronic buildings and business with digital-age, broadband...
- Winstar's prospects connect. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;7/9/2001, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on efforts of Winstar Communication Inc. to improve its performance in Manhattan, New York. Dismissal of several employees in the company; Bankruptcy protection filed by the company; Emphasis of the company on strengthening relations with customers; Financial assistance received from...
- Broadband industry running out of breath. Smith, Hilary // RCR Wireless News;4/9/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 15, p1
Reports the status of the local multipoint distribution service wireless broadband industry in the United States as of April 2001. Reason for Advanced Radio Telecom Corp. to file for bankruptcy; Plan of Winstar Communications Inc. on employment dismissal and network expansion; Update on the...
- WinStar gets local. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p16
Reveals that WinStar Communications, the broadband wireless company, has connected its Internet network to the Seattle Internet Exchange Point (SIX), bringing a local architecture to Internet routing. What the strategic routine can provide for WinStar; Total Internet service provider (ISP)...