Search For NTIA's Top Spot Narrows
- Changing of the Guard at NTIA: Greg Rohde Takes the Helm. Mayne, Jennifer // Rural Telecommunications;Mar/Apr2000, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p20
Offers a look at the plans and management strategies of Greg Rohde, administrator of the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). Implications of the Telecom Act; Rohde's role and responsibilities; Actions taken to extend service to schools, libraries and...
- Rohde wins president's approval to head NTIA. // RCR;10/04/99, Vol. 18 Issue 40, p2
Reports on the United States Senate Commerce Committee's approval of President Bill Clinton's nomination of Greg Rohde to head the National Telecommunications & Information Administration.
- This Rohde has his own following. Hatch, David // Electronic Media;08/16/99, Vol. 18 Issue 33, p2
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's appointment of Greg Rohde as head of the US National Telecommunications and Information Administration. Television broadcasting industry's support for Rohde's appointment; Legislators' support for Rohde's nomination.
- Greg Rohde: Czar Of The Digital Divide. Brown, Doug // Inter@ctive Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p81
Interviews Greg Rohde, administrator at the United States Commerce Department's National Telecommunications and Information Administration, regarding the digital divide issue. Explanation regarding closing of the digital divide; His view on the role of advancements in technology in closing the...
- Rohde likely new NTIA head. Silva, Jeffrey // RCR;09/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p4
Reports on the likelihood that President Bill Clinton's nominee Greg Rohde may be confirmed as head of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA). Strong bipartisan support for Rohde; Functions of the NTIA; Possibility that Susan Ness' reappointment to the Federal...
- NTIA: Global outlook presents problems, opportunities. Wayne, Debra // RCR;04/06/98, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p24
Presents an estimation on the liberalization of the global telecommunications marketplace, by the United States National Telecommunications and Information Administration. Details on the World Trade Organization (WTO) treaty; Amount of countries covered by the WTO; Comments from Vice President...
- Untitled. Jessell, Harry A. // Broadcasting & Cable;7/19/93, Vol. 123 Issue 29, p33
Reports on the plans of the National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) to launch a National Information Infrastructure Program. Demonstration to the public of the use of advanced telecommunications technologies in social services; NTIA's budget request to fund the program;...
- Kids grants. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/5/93, Vol. 123 Issue 14, p32
Announces that the National Endowment for Children's Educational Television (NECET) is accepting applications from producers of children's TV programing who may be eligible for $3 million in federal production grants appropriated by Congress as a result of the Children's Television Act of 1990. ...
- Info alert. // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Oct96, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p16
Reports on the publication of the 1996 version of the wall chart depicting the frequency spectrum allocations to United States radio services by the National Telecommunications & Information Administration.