FCC Finds Time To Take Stock
- Can we get you a chair? // Broadcasting & Cable;12/18/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 52, p82
Editorials. Comments on Michael Powell's front-running position for the chairmanship of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Full thrust of Powell's programs for media regulation; Strategies for analog-digital convergence in the U.S.; Plans for the communications sector of the U.S.
- Out with the old... Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;01/22/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 4, p16
Deals with the upcoming revamping of the United States (U.S.) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) in 2001 under the administration of U.S. President George Bush. Government position for Michael Powell aside from the FCC chairmanship; Number of FCC positions that need to be filled up;...
- LOSING LEGACY. // Telephony;1/31/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 2, p20
The article discusses the failures of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission chairman Michael Powell in his telecom legacy. Powell, will be more likely remembered for the fines he levied on broadcasters for various verbal and physical outbursts by performers. In failing to win over a...
- New Chief Settles In, Lays Out Plans. Glick, Eric // Wireless Week;02/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p10
Presents an interview with Michael Powell, chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission, regarding his ideas and thoughts on telecommunication policy. Regulatory approach of Powell; Views on wireless competition; Stance on third generation wireless spectrum.
- Through and through. Meyers, Jason // Telephony;02/12/2001, Vol. 240 Issue 7, p120
Comments on the appointment of Michael Powell as chairman of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Significance of technology innovation to how he will handle issues concerning the industry; Reaction elicited by his technology observations; Implication of Powell's assertion that...
- GRACE UNDER FIRE. Bischoff, Glenn // Telephony;8/5/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 5, p17
Discusses the criticisms made by two U.S. Senators against U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Michael Powell. Policies of Powell for the telecommunication industry; His statements during a U.S. Senate Commerce Committee hearing; Characteristics of Powell.
- Politicians wanted: Apply at FCC. Van Hefner, William // America's Network;11/01/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 16, p30
Comments on the press releases by the commissioners of the United States (US) Federal Communications Commission (FCC) on its Web site. Reaction of Commissioner Gloria Tristani to a radio sketch on the `Don and Mike Show'; Criticism against CBS by Tristani; Opinion on the commendation given by...
- FCC Chair Speaks Mind On Fostering Competition. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;05/28/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p23
Discusses the claims of Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Michael Powell that wireless communication systems may be the key to foster competition among telecommunication carriers in the United States. Plan of Powell to reform the FCC; Claims of Powell that wideband broadband...
- POWELL SIGNALS CHANGE AT FCC. Carlson, Caron // eWeek;02/19/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p21
Reports on the initial steps taken by Michael Powell as head of the United States Federal Communications Commission. Plan by Powell to address agency procedures in the first public meeting under his chairmanship; Long-distance telephone service; Vacancy in three of the five commissioner seats...