- Merger plays. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p10
Comments on the bidders for AT&T Wireless in the U.S. Plan of Vodafone and Cingular Wireless to allocate funding for the bid; Intention of Deutsche Telekom to bid for AT&T Wireless; Decision of Verizon to choose an alliance with Vodafone.
- VODAFONE: NO NEW VIDEO SPEC. Ankeny, Jason // Telephony;1/17/2005, Vol. 246 Issue 1, p22
This article informs that published reports claiming Vodafone Group PLC, Cingular Wireless LLC, China Mobile and NTT DoCoMo are among dozens of companies collaborating on a new mobile video standard are false. Rumors of the new video standard appear to have originated with a story from the...
- Cingular snaps up AT&T. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;2/23/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p28
Cingular Wireless LLC announced plans to buy AT&T Wireless Services Inc., following years of rumors and a bidding battle with Vodafone Group PLC. Cingular, a joint venture between San Antonio-based SBC Communications Inc. and Atlanta-based BellSouth Corp., will pay some $41 billion in an all...
- Top 20 stories from RCRNews.com in 2006. // RCR Wireless News;12/25/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 52, p4
The article presents the most-read stories from RCRNews.com in 2006. Vodafone Group plc posted a massive $41.1 billion loss for 2005, mainly from impairment charges over assets it acquired during the telecom boom days. A lawsuit filed against Cingular alleges the cellular operator crippled...
- Bundling and unbundling. Ford, Tracy // RCR Wireless News;2/23/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 8, p10
Comments on bundling and unbundling in telecommunication industry as of February 2004. Views on the acquisition of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. by Cingular Wireless L.L.C.; Efforts of SBC and BellSouth to bundle their local telephony; Hindrance to the interest of Verizon to acquire the wireless...
- Why Mass Consolidation Won't Happen This Year. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;2/15/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p4
Offers views on mass consolidation in the U.S. wireless communication industry. Opinion on the merger of AT&T Wireless Services Inc. and Cingular Wireless LLC; Probable impact of the consolidation of Vodafone Group PLC and Verizon Inc.; Plans of Sprint PCS' wireless division for its customer...
- The Leader Board Shuffle. Wickham, Rhonda // Wireless Week;3/1/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p4
Describes the mergers and acquisitions activity of wireless carriers in the U.S. as of March 2004. Implications of the acquisition of AT&T Wireless Inc. by Cingular; Percent stake of Vodafone in Verizon Wireless; Number of wireless hot spots to be owned by T-Mobile USA.
- Deadline for AWS suitors. Meyer, Dan // RCR Wireless News;2/16/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 7, p1
Reports on the deadline set for bidders who plan to acquire AT&T Wireless Services Inc. Chances for Cingular Wireless L.L.C. and Vodafone Group PLC as potential victors for the bid; Bid offers of shareholders; Strategic plans of Cingular to win the bid.
- Consolidation Starts in Wireless. // Electronic News;2/23/2004, Vol. 50 Issue 8, pN.PAG
Focuses on the consolidation and merger activities in the wireless communication industry in 2004. Bids of Cingular, Vodafone, NTT DoCoMo and Nextel to acquire AT&T Wireless; Competition in the wireless market.