Auction Raises $20 Million
- New Zealand to sell additional spectrum. // RCR Wireless News;4/29/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p10
Reports on the plan of the New Zealand government to auction additional spectrum. Applications of the spectrum; Spectrum slated for auction; Companies that purchased third-generation licenses.
- Large carriers want re-auction rules changed. Luna, Lynette; Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;07/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p1
Focuses on telecommunication carriers' call for changes in the rules related to the United States Federal Communications Commission's re-auction of C- and F-block personal communications services spectrum.
- Private wireless likely to escape auctions. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p7
Focuses on the United States Federal Communications Commission's plan to tell the private-wireless industry it will not have to face auctions for the spectrum it occupies as of November 6, 2000.
- SMR industry cedes 800 MHz lower 80 channels to Nextel. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p8
Focuses on Nextel Communications Inc.'s bid for the lower 80 channels of the 800 megahertz band in the United States.
- Russia may revoke frequencies from existing operators. // RCR Wireless News;9/25/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p119
Reports the deliberation of the Russian government over the frequencies used by mobile operators, OAO Mobile Telesystems and OAO Vimpel Communications in Moscow, Russia.
- Spectrum Shake-Up for Global 3G? Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;01/10/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 2, p8
Focuses on the additional megahertz of spectrum that the International Telecommunication Union and some companies believe will be needed for future 3G services. Frequency ranges pointed out by the European community as potentially viable worldwide; Comments from Richard Engelman, chief of the...
- SBT loses bid to stop 800 Mhz relocation. // RCR;03/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p3
Discloses that a federal court of appeals has denied an emergency motion for a stay filed by Small Business in Telecommunications designed to stop the 800 megahertz relocation process. Background on the case; United States Federal Communications Commission's argument that the motion was a writ...
- Uruguay to auction PCS licenses. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p50
Focuses on Uruguay's Direccion Nacional de Comunicaciones' formation of rules for an auction of personal communications services licenses.
- Swiss GSM auction cancelled, licenses allocated to carriers. // RCR Wireless News;11/6/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 45, p54
Focuses on Switzerland's Federal Communications Commission's cancellation of the auction of additional frequencies for mobile services based on the global system for mobile standard.