Paxson Calls For Movement
- FCC expects to finish 5 GHz unlicensed rules by end of year. // RCR Wireless News;8/11/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 32, p5
Reports on the commitment of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to complete the rules for unlicensed use of the 5gigahertz band by the end of 2003. Implementation plan of the World Radiocommunication Conference; Economic benefits of implementing the recommended changes.
- Running For Cover. Bishop, Don // Mobile Radio Technology;Oct98, Vol. 16 Issue 10, p4
Editorial. Cites the proposal of The Telecommunications Association, the representative of the Critical Infrastructure Industries members in the United States. Call for Federal Communications Commission to remove some of the channels in the Industrial/Business Pool of private radio...
- SPECTRUM SALE LEADS TO CONTROVERSY. Nobel, Carmen // eWeek;02/05/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p31
Deals with a record radio spectrum auction in the United States (U.S.). Failure of federal rules to help bidders with limited financial resources; Loose interpretation of rules by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission; Need for each bidder to fill out a form explaining its bidding process.
- FCC creates guard band managers for 700 MHz. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR;03/13/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p1
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission will create guard band managers for 700 MHz band. Licensees for spectrum being set aside to protect public-safety users; Protection from possible interference.
- Postponing An Auction. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;08/07/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 32, p1
Reports on the calls by the House telecom subcommittee of the United States for the Federal Communications Commission to postpone the auction of the 700 MHz spectrum past September 2000. Reasons for the postponement; Debate of lawmakers over the issue; Remarks from Lowell Paxson, chairman of...
- Paxson, Infomall on the move. JAZ // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/95, Vol. 125 Issue 6, p11
Reports on the lobbying activities of Lowell Paxson, owner of a number of television stations in the United States, on the Federal Communications Commission. Pressure from Paxson for the prompt action on must-carry deals complaints against cable systems; Television broadcasting-related business...
- Paxson Tired of Waiting for the FCC. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p40
Reports on the writ filed by Paxson Communications Corp. CEO Lowell Paxson to force the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to adopt rules on the cable carriage of his digital TV stations. Complaints included in the writ filed by Paxson; Opposition of the National Cable and...
- Paxson: It's crossownership or bust. McConnell, Bill // Broadcasting & Cable;11/16/98, Vol. 128 Issue 47, p14
Presents information on Pax TV Chairman Lowell `Bud' Paxson's comments on the United States Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) ownership restrictions. Information on the possible effect of FCC restriction to broadcasters and cable companies in the country.
- Winning bidders lick their chops in aftermath of airwave auctions. Kukolla, Steve // Indianapolis Business Journal;8/22/94, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p5A
Reports on the impact of the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) auctioning of certain frequencies in the radio spectrum. How much the auction is expected to raise; Potential for huge profits for winning companies; Selling of the spectrum for use in the areas of pagers, cellular telephones...