Ruling Could Shake Market
- Fontes brings passion to wireless. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;5/22/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p8
The article features Brian Fontes, vice president of federal relations of Cingular Wireless LLC and inductee to the Wireless Hall of Fame sponsored by the "RCR Wireless News" periodical. Fontes was the former chief of staff of the U.S. Federal Communication Commission. It highlights the career...
- FCC gives Cingular until August 2006 to make certain GSM hearing-aid-compatible handsets. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;9/12/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 37, p8
Reports on the deadline given by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to Cingular Wireless LLC for the development of a hearing-aid compatible (HAC) global system for mobile communications handsets in the U.S. Views of Brian Fontes, vice president of federal affairs at Cingular, on...
- NextWave Victory Positive for Wireless. Appin, Rick // Bank Loan Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p1
Reports on U.S. Supreme Court's decision that the Federal Communications Commission violated the bankruptcy code when it revoked the licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Valuation of NextWave's assets; Amount of NextWave's loan to the commission; Auction of NextWave.
- NextWave Victory Bodes Well for the Wireless Sector. // High Yield Report;2/10/2003, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p1
Relates developments in the lawsuit filed by NextWave Personal Communications Inc. against the U.S. Federal Communications Commission.
- FCC'S Solution: Go To Re-auction. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;01/17/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 3, p1
Talks about the move of the United States Federal Communications Commission to cancel spectrum licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Action planned by critics of the commission's handling of the NextWave case; Questions about the authority of FCC that remain unresolved for auction...
- Inside The NextWave Mess. Lockwood, Judith // Wireless Week;09/06/99, Vol. 5 Issue 36, p2
Deals with the effort of the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) to block NextWave Personal Communications Incorporated's debts and regain control of its spectrum licenses. Bankruptcy case of Nextwave Personal Communications; Implication of the provision of FCC to the...
- NextWave is awarded PCS permits. Wayne, Debra // RCR;1/06/97, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p1
Focuses on the Federal Communications Commission's (FCC) award of its C-block licenses to NextWave Personal Communications Incorporation. NextWave's submission of plan of compliance with federal regulations; Perceptions of award as an advantage to the public; Requirements imposed on NextWave...
- FCC Sorts Out C-Block Role In Court. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/08/99, Vol. 5 Issue 45, p9
Focuses on the argument of a regulatory rather than a bankruptcy matter by the United States Federal Communications Commission in its case against NextWave Personal Communications Inc. Details on the arguments; Actions taken by the US Department of Justice; Opinion of the judge on the case.
- Spectrum License Issue Hanging Fire. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;11/22/99, Vol. 5 Issue 47, p10
Reports on the status of the spectrum licenses of NextWave Personal Communications Inc. with the United States Federal Communications Commission. Campaign of the White House to reclaim NextWave's spectrum licenses; Opposition of Congressional leaders to the attempt to use spectrum as a tool for...