Rafael Perez Joins Cozen and O'Connor
- Law firm hiring remains stable. Olson, Scott // Indianapolis Business Journal;9/29/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p23A
Reports on the stability of hiring activities in Indianapolis, Indiana-based law firms. Ice Miller's move to employ 10 lawyers from other firms; Krieg DeVault LLP's hiring for practice needs.
- The Law Job Market: Brighter or Tighter? Winter, Bill // American Bar Association Journal;Oct80, Vol. 66 Issue 10, p1194
Discusses the findings of a study conducted by the National Association for Law Placement about the employment of law graduates in the U.S. in 1979. Proportion of 1979 law graduates employed in law-related areas; Criticisms of the study results; Confusion on the estimates regarding the...
- Things They Didn't Teach in Law School. Biehl, Kathy // ABA Journal;Jan1989, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p52
Explains the need for new lawyers to become more realistic about the nature of their employment in law firms. Concepts that get lost during the third year of law school; Importance of developing one's sense of limits; Suggestion of trying a detached and analytical approach.
- When It's Time to Come Home. Chanen, Jill Schachner // ABA Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 87 Issue 12, p64
Offers advice on how lawyers can return to their former law firms. Importance of industrial relations; Benefits of lawyers from their experience outside law firms.
- Firing Trends. Gross-Glaser, Sheryl // ABA Journal;Aug90, Vol. 76 Issue 8, p23
Reports on the impact of the economic downturn on employment opportunities for lawyers in New York City. Number of associates that have been laid off from law firms; Impact on small law firms, corporations, government, legal-aid organizations and temporary-lawyer agencies.
- Job watch Russia. // Lawyer;1/21/2013, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p58
The article focuses on the legal job market within Russia in 2013. Topics include the influx of foreign investment into the banking and finance sector, legal hiring at domestic and international firms in Russia, and the differences in legal hiring between in-house teams and private firms....
- a New Breed. Carter, Terry // ABA Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 87 Issue 3, p36
Examines the trends in the employment of lawyers in the United States in 2001. Salaries of lawyers; Efforts of law firms to attract applicants; Importance of mentoring programs for new lawyers. INSETS: What Do You Want? by Jenny B. Davis;School of Life;Led by Example;Am I Having Fun Yet?
- Shearman takes a large bite of the German pie. Griffiths, Aled // Lawyer;3/31/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 13, p11
Reports on the success of Shearman & Sterling, a New York law firm, in Germany. Contrast with the image of other firms from that city; Areas of specialization; Appointment of lawyers from high-profile rivals; Praise for the German business model and its profitability.
- Recruitment photo policy out of focus: NALP. F.A.S. // ABA Journal;Aug85, Vol. 71 Issue 8, p20
Focuses on the issue of photograph attachment to job applications in law firms in the U.S. Distribution of picture books by law schools; Discriminatory implication of the photographs; Refusal of the placement offices to process applications with photos.