Oz Officials Make Their Best Pitch to Kansas County
- Kansas Theme Park Hits Development Problems. Victory, Darren // Bond Buyer;8/27/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31211, p4
Reports on the plan of Oz Entertainment Co. to build a multimillion dollar theme park in Kansas City, Kansas. Plan to issue bonds for the construction of Wonderful World of Oz theme park; Details of the construction plans.
- Cleanup issues delay Kansas park. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30838, p1
Reports the delay in building the planned Wonderful World of Oz theme park and resort in Kansas City, Kansas. Estimated cost of the construction; Aims of developer Oz Entertainment Co. to issue tax-exempt revenue bonds; Demand of government from the planners to provide financial assurance to...
- Oz Park May Land in Kansas After Ammo Plant Cleanup. Jacobson, Louis // Planning;Mar2000, Vol. 66 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the agreement between the state of Kansas and Oz Entertainment Company of Los Angeles on the use of a military ammunition plant. Size of the Sunflower Army Ammunition Plant near De Soto, Kansas; Potential earnings of the state if the plant would be converted into a theme park;...
- Senate set to hear bill that could bring `Oz' theme park to Kansas. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;03/04/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30343, p6
Reports on a Kansas Senate Committee's hearing of a bill allowing the Kansas Development Finance Authority (KDFA) to issue revenue bonds to build a theme park with the `Wonderful World of Oz' moniker. Ability of the KDFA to designate a district for redevelopment area and issue bonds for...
- STOCK OF THE WEEK. Snavely, Brent // Crain's Detroit Business;05/22/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 21, p4
Reports on the performance of the stocks of VSI Holdings Inc. Joint venture with Oz Entertainment Co.; Services and products offered by the company.
- Aquatic Adventures. Mink, Randy // TravelAmerica;Jul/Aug99, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Provides information on water theme parks in the United States. Wet 'n Wild in Orlando, Florida; Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels, Texas; Hawaiian Waters Adventure Park in Kapolei, Hawaii.
- Florida's Space Coast. Willis, Monica Michael // Country Living;May2005, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p186
Presents information on the bustling theme parks of Orlando lies Florida's Space Coast.
- At this theme park, it's Scarlett, not Mickey. Spaid, Elizabeth Levit // Christian Science Monitor;1/26/95, Vol. 87 Issue 42, p1
Comments on the latest trends in theme parks in the United States. Focus on the creation of Gone With the Wind Country in Villa Rica, Georgia; Assessment of the theme park market; Details of Gone With the Wind Country.
- Park and rides are worth a trip. Fox, Linda // Travel Trade Gazette UK & Ireland;7/14/2003, Issue 2572, p41
Comments on treating the journey to Disneyland Resort Paris as part of the holiday in Paris, France. Supply of children's activity packs; Direct train at London Waterloo; Shuttle bus services.