Quitting Shareholders Threaten Heartland High-Yield Funds
- SEC's Bond Pricing 'Sweep' Hume, Lynne // Bond Buyer;3/11/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31839, p1
Reports that the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is investigating high-yield municipal bond funds' interactions with pricing services as part of an examination sweep of bond funds' pricing practices that it launched in response to the Heartland Advisors Inc. case. Testimony by Lori A....
- Heartland Aided More Portfolios. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;11/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31027, p1
Reports on Heartland Advisors Inc.'s effort to create liquidity in its two troubled high-yield municipal bond funds in the United States. Involvement of a third mutual fund and some private accounts the firm managed; Documents released by the Wisconsin Investment Board.
- Heartland advisors. Harris, Elizabeth E. // Bond Buyer;02/04/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30572, p6
Reports on Heartland Advisors Inc.'s entry into the taxable municipal market in the United States on December 29, 1998, with its Taxable Short-Duration Municipal Fund.
- Controversial Co-Manager Severs Ties With Heartland. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;7/3/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31173, p1
Reports on the resignation of Greg Winston as co-manager of Heartland Advisors Inc. Seizure of Heartland Group Inc.'s four municipal bond funds by the United States Securities and Exchange Commission; Failure of the firm to provide shareholders with audited financial statements.
- SEC Heartland Filings Shed Light On High-Yield Bond Valuations. Fine, Jacob; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;12/19/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31785, p1
Reports on the collapse of two Heartland Advisors Inc. mutual funds. Assessment of high-yield municipal bond valuations; Problems of municipal bonds for mutual funds; Management of liquidity and price transparency.
- Heartland: Muni-bond investigation has no effect on equity management. Williamson, Christine // Pensions & Investments;11/13/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 23, p57
Reports the investigations on pricing problems of the municipal bond funds at Heartland Advisors Inc. in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Concerns over the use of mutual funds by pension funds; Implication of withdrawal by investors for markdown of bond funds; Details on the corporate reorganization.
- Losses in Heartland's High-Yield Funds Prompt Suits. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/31/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31007, p6
Reports that investors in two Heartland Advisors Inc.'s municipal bond funds have filed a securities violations lawsuit against Heartland in federal court in the United States. Alleged misrepresentation of risk in the portfolio's security holdings and true net asset values; Loss of the...
- Wisconsin Committee to Review Heartland Deal Audit Findings . Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p1
Reports on the review by Wisconsin Joint Legislative Audit Committee of recommendations made in an audit by the state Legislative Audit Bureau of a transaction between the Milwaukee, Wisconsin-based Heartland Advisors Inc. and the state's Investment Board. Purchase of municipal bonds by...
- Short-Term Muni Funds a Good Fit in Current Rate Environment. Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p6
Provides information on short-term municipal bond mutual funds. Comparison of net inflow of short-term funds to net outflow of long and intermediate-term funds; Details of net inflow of taxable bond funds, according to data from Washington D.C.-based institute.