Senate May See Proposal for $2.8B in Bonds for Schools
- Grand Jury to Schools in Contra Costa County, Calif.: Avoid CABs. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that civil grand jury of Contra Costa County, California, have found that seven of the 20 school districts of the U.S. have issued capital appreciation bonds (CABs). It states that jury has asserted that school districts in Contra Costa County should consider avoiding CABs in...
- Clover Park Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p37
Reports on the multi-million general obligation bond measure for Clover Park School District faced by voters in Lakewood. Use of the bonds to finance the rebuilding of lakes High School; Plan of public forums for Citizens' Committee.
- Some Pennsylvania Schools to Sell Ahead of Law. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p4
Reports on the plan of school districts to sell debt or enter into forward bond purchase agreements in Pennsylvania. Efforts of the school districts to realize the plan before the imposition of a state law that would limit their ability to issue general obligation bonds; Prediction for an...
- School District Deficits Spur Sweeping Reform Proposals in Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p38
Focuses on bills introduced in the state of Colorado to protect school districts, taxpayers and investors in Colorado debt. Effect of measures on school district accounting; Provisions of a bill discussed; Measure that would allow voters to overturn a bond election.
- Kansas Gets $500M Pension Bond Authorization in Under the Wire. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p1
The Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS) won authorization to sell 500 million of pension obligation bonds under one of the bills passed in the 2003 legislative session. The proposal for KPERS to sell its first pension bonds surfaced last year when plummeting investments and funding...
- Detroit Public Schools Push for Return of Deficit Bond Law. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p34
Reports that the Detroit Public School in Michigan has asked lawmakers to reinstate a statute that allowed school districts facing a budget crunch to issue deficit eliminating bonds. Aspects of the Michigan law repealed in 1994; Support for district's deficit plan expressed by the Michigan...
- Voters Give Passing Grade To $179M School Bond. Wiedemann, Liz // San Diego Business Journal;2/18/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 7, p16
The article reports on the approval of Poway Unified School Districts' Proposition during the primary elections on February 5, 2008 in Poway, California. The school district officials announced that almost two-thirds of voters supported the $179 million bond measure. Proceeds from sale will help...
- Texas Seeks CAB Ban to Bar School Risk. WILLIAMSON, RICHARD // Bond Buyer;3/21/2013, Vol. 383 Issue 33881, p1
The article offers information on Texas based- lawmakers regarding their plans to impose ban capital appreciation bonds in order to reduce the risks related interest costs for local governments with focus on school districts in the region. It also adds that in California and Texas school aged...
- School District's $46M Sale Highlights Pennsylvania's Property Tax Debate. O'Brien, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/19/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32241, p3
Reports on the sale of bonds by the Chambersburg Area School District in Pennsylvania. Citations of the company which set the price for new-money and refunding general obligation funds; Conditions under the Act 72 property tax plan; Objection of opt-out districts on the property tax plan.