Senate May See Proposal for $2.8B in Bonds for Schools
- Clover Park Deal. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;2/15/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31326, p37
Reports on the multi-million general obligation bond measure for Clover Park School District faced by voters in Lakewood. Use of the bonds to finance the rebuilding of lakes High School; Plan of public forums for Citizens' Committee.
- School District Deficits Spur Sweeping Reform Proposals in Colorado. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/3/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31565, p38
Focuses on bills introduced in the state of Colorado to protect school districts, taxpayers and investors in Colorado debt. Effect of measures on school district accounting; Provisions of a bill discussed; Measure that would allow voters to overturn a bond election.
- Some Pennsylvania Schools to Sell Ahead of Law. D'Ambrosio, Jill // Bond Buyer;8/2/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31938, p4
Reports on the plan of school districts to sell debt or enter into forward bond purchase agreements in Pennsylvania. Efforts of the school districts to realize the plan before the imposition of a state law that would limit their ability to issue general obligation bonds; Prediction for an...
- Grand Jury to Schools in Contra Costa County, Calif.: Avoid CABs. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;7/18/2014, Vol. 1 Issue F327, p1
The article reports that civil grand jury of Contra Costa County, California, have found that seven of the 20 school districts of the U.S. have issued capital appreciation bonds (CABs). It states that jury has asserted that school districts in Contra Costa County should consider avoiding CABs in...
- Cincinnati schools want to sell debt that wouldn't hit the voters' pockets. Williamson, Tammy // Bond Buyer;08/28/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30467, p3
Reports on Cincinnati School District officials' request for permission to by-pass a state law requiring voter approval on virtually any bond issue sold to fix aging school buildings. Plan to sell about $120 million of bonds backed solely with payments the district will receive from the city...
- Californian Voters Will Face $4.4B on Feb. 5. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;1/25/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32802, p1
The article reports on the statewide elections to be held on February 5, 2008 in California to approve seven bills which would authorize the issuance of $4.4 billion bonds. The biggest bond measure is that of Palm Springs Unified School District, with a $516 million general obligation bonds....
- Kansas Gets $500M Pension Bond Authorization in Under the Wire. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;5/8/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31631, p1
The Kansas Public Employee Retirement System (KPERS) won authorization to sell 500 million of pension obligation bonds under one of the bills passed in the 2003 legislative session. The proposal for KPERS to sell its first pension bonds surfaced last year when plummeting investments and funding...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/29/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31501, p31
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Increase in the number of state prisons in Arkansas; Request of permission to build a middle school by the Pulaski County Special School District; Plans of Colorado lawmakers to sell tobacco bonds.
- Detroit Public Schools Push for Return of Deficit Bond Law. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32014, p34
Reports that the Detroit Public School in Michigan has asked lawmakers to reinstate a statute that allowed school districts facing a budget crunch to issue deficit eliminating bonds. Aspects of the Michigan law repealed in 1994; Support for district's deficit plan expressed by the Michigan...