Control Board Certifies D.C. Fiscal 2000 Audit
- D.C. Finishes FY 2005 With Big Surplus, Record Fund Balance. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;2/2/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32311, p6
The article reports on the total general operating surplus and a record 1.6 billion dollars cumulative general fund balance based on the independent audit released in Washington D.C. The surplus figure for the fiscal year doubled the surplus estimate projected by the district officials. The 1.6...
- Atlanta Enjoying $17 Million Surplus, But Not the Ratings to Match. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;2/19/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31575, p4
Reports on the possible utilization of a multimillion surplus in Atlanta, Georgia. Ratings assigned by several rating agencies; Features of fiscal 2003 budget; Overview of the budget.
- NY looks to spin federal surplus into political gold. Lipowicz, Alice // Crain's New York Business;02/09/98, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p3
Focuses on the federal surplus in New York and its financial plans. Comments from Kenneth Raske, president of the Greater New York Hospital Association; Recommendations by President Clinton on plans of the use of the federal surplus; Detailed information on the national debt versus pet...
- External Sector: Recent Developments. // Namibia Country Monitor;Mar2012, p15
The article reports on the decline of current-account surplus in Namibia during the third quarter of 2011 to 11 million dollars from 135.5 million dollars in 2010.
- State mulls how it will spend newly found surplus. Slaton, James // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);1/6/97, Vol. 17 Issue 27, p12
Reports that higher oil severance tax collections, sales tax and individual income tax collections resulted in surplus of $318 million in Louisiana. How the rejuvenation of the oil industry helped the economy; Areas in which the surplus should be allocated.
- Czech trade surplus increases in Jul. // Regional Today;9/ 6/2013, p2
The article reports on the increase of surplus trade of Czech Republic in July 2013 which amounted to 28.2 billion Czech koruna (CZK).
- Federal government ran $53 billion surplus. Wasson, Erik // Hill;1/14/2014, Vol. 21 Issue 5, p12
The article reports that the U.S. federal government ran a surprising 53 billion dollars surplus in December 2013.
- How flush states share the wealth. Wood, Daniel B. // Christian Science Monitor;1/24/96, Vol. 88 Issue 40, p1
Reports on the budget surpluses of states in the U.S. aided by an extended economic recovery. Comments from Arturo Perez, policy specialist for the National Conference of State Legislators (NCSL); What some of these surpluses include; How states will share the surpluses; 15% tax cut of a $688...
- GREECE IS BACK IN SURPLUS. // Treasurer;Mar2014, p9
The article reports that Greece had posted a current account surplus of 1.2 billion euros for 2013.