Two Ex-Broker-Dealer Firm Chiefs Fined in Wake of Kickback Scheme
- Tribunal bans isle members. // Planning (14672073);2/5/2010, Issue 1854, p5
The article reports on the sanction given by the First Tier Tribunal to four city councilors on their role in a dispute over the construction of 13 dwellings in Isle of Wight, England.
- Revisions are proposed for FAA civil penalty program. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct94, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p21
Reviews the proposed revisions to FAR Part 13 Civil Penalty Assessment Procedures. Revisions' technical changes and improvements for clarification not for alteration of the fundamental provisions; Explanation of the statutory authority for each step in the process of assessment of employees'...
- Avoiding penalty pitfalls. McKenzie, Alastair // Chartered Accountants Journal;Mar1998, Vol. 77 Issue 2, p50
Opinion. Highlights views of an individual, pertaining to the penalties regime in relation to the audits of the IRD to the GST refund return. Information on IRD auditors; Reference to the Tax Administration Act of 1994; Brief information on the GST compliance; Identification of various...
- Draft standard practice statements. // Chartered Accountants Journal;May99, Vol. 78 Issue 4, p50
Reports on the introduction of a penalties regime for late filing of tax returns in New Zealand. Passage of the Tax Admission Amendment Act of 1996; Internal Revenue Department's issuance of the guidelines.
- Warsaw court bans Metro; equity fund in radio talks. Kocinska, Anna // Warsaw Business Journal;12/10/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 50, p7
Reports the implementation of a ban against the publication of the newspaper 'Metro' by the regional court in Warsaw, Poland. Accusation that the publisher of the newspaper Agora had mimicked the concept and title of 'Metropol'; Corporate losses of Agora in advertising revenue; Plan of Agora to...
- Heeding concerns, UnitedHealthcare alters admissions notification policy. // AHA News;4/5/2010, Vol. 46 Issue 7, p1
The article reports on UnitedHealthcare's decision not to impose a 50 percent financial penalty on hospitals that fail to notify it of admissions within 24 hours.
- Lords escape clampdown by standards committee. McHale, Maria // Public Finance;11/14/2000, p8
Reports the non-imposition of sanctions on the members of the House of Lords by the Committee on Standards in Public Life in Great Britain. Suggestion of a voluntary register of interest; Removal of the voting rights of 600 hereditary peers; Insistence on tighter rules for peers.
- 'We don't want your money' - CRO. // Accountancy Ireland;Aug2003, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p38
Reports on the collection of multi-million penalties on late returns by the Companies Registration office in Ireland.
- 'Excessive history' penalties. Heenan, Michael T. // Pit & Quarry;Nov2003, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p50
Discusses how mine operators can avoid penalty for excessive history of violations in the U.S. Number of violations per inspection day; Eligibility of the operator to the single penalty assessment; Relevance of a 24-month window for citations. INSET: Buy the book.