NEWS IN BRIEF
- Business Stocks, Sales Rose in Jan. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;3/15/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31841, p2
Reveals that business stocks and sales increased in the U.S. in January 2004. Inventory-to-sales ratio based on a seasonally adjusted data.
- Just How Secure Is Your Inventory? Corrado, Chris // World Trade;Jun2003, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p55
Discusses the factors to consider in securing inventory at distribution centers and logistics facilities. Storage of international and dangerous cargo; Importance of adequate lighting; Protocol for inspecting vehicles, containers and other conveyances.
- How $1.2 Million of Inventory Vanished Into Thin Air. Brandman, Barry // Transportation & Distribution;Oct2001, Vol. 42 Issue 10, p31
Relates how a logistics security expert solved the missing inventory in a logistics company. Details on the overloading scam of the thieves; Information on security systems of the company; Limitation of the security systems. INSET: Best Practices: Five Highly Effective Strategies for....
- RESEARCH RAP. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2012 Third Quarter, p37
The article presents abstracts of economics-related studies which include topics such as possible welfare gains from Social Security elimination, international integration of financial markets, and impact of inventories on trade and price formation.
- Moving media through the digital media supply chain. Ohanian, Tom // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep/Oct2007, Special section p14
The article discusses the challenges involved in delivering digital media through the media supply chain in Great Britain. The delivery consists of moving content from raw form through a series of coordinated production processes to package and deliver digital assets to all required outlets. A...
- An Approach to Securely Identifying Beneficial Collaboration in Decentralized Logistics Systems. Clifton, Chris; Iyer, Ananth; Cho, Richard; Wei Jang; Kantarcioğlu, Murat; Vaidya, Jaideep // Manufacturing & Service Operations Management;Winter2008, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p108
The problem of sharing manufacturing, inventory, or capacity to improve performance is applicable in many decentralized operational contexts. However, the solution of such problems commonly requires an intermediary or a broker to manage information security concerns of individual participants....
- UBS Still Bullish on Business Jet Market. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Oct2006, Vol. 99 Issue 4, p152
The article reports on the assessment of analysts at UBS Securities LLC on the business jet market. They reiterated their confidence in the strength of the market, saying they still believe the current up cycle could extend at least through 2007. The August report also noted that while the total...
- Tegal Continues to Narrow Losses. // Electronic News;8/11/2003, Vol. 49 Issue 32, pN.PAG
Reports on the losses posted by deposition tool vendor Tegal Corp. for June 2003. Improvements in gross margins; Decline in inventories.
- Inventories, Sales Both Fall in March. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;05/15/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31139, p2
Reports on the decline of business inventories in the United States in March 2001. Inventory-to-sales ratio.