- Bamford takes top role at Sofa. Barr, Rebecca // Money Marketing;12/5/2002, p5
Reports on the appointment of Nick Bamford as managing director of Sofa. Career history of Bamford; Duties; Other directors voted on to the board.
- The Sofa Company. // Cabinet Maker;05/12/2000, Issue 5187, p11
Evaluates the Sofa Co. store in Holyoake Avenue, Great Britain.
- Kingdom of Leather. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p11
Relates a furniture shopping experience at Kingdom of Leather. Type of customer service rendered by Kingdom of Leather; Choices for sofas; Reaction of the shopper on the sales strategy of the company.
- Why my buyer friend was ticked off this market. Allegrezza, Ray // Furniture/Today;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p47
Presents criticisms toward furniture retailers in the U.S. Lack of price and style knowledge among sales personnel and managers; Failure of retailers to provide adequate information to customers; Ambiguity in providing details on offshore orders.
- Your questions answered. // Cabinet Maker;06/11/99, Issue 5141, p5
Offers advice to problems related to customer service on furniture sales in Great Britain.
- Watch the know-all with a micrometer. Vuckovic, Peter // Cabinet Maker;06/18/99, Issue 5142, p8
Shares a personal account of dealing with a customer while serving as an employee of a furniture dealer.
- Caribbean cruise to be won in Qualitas awards. // Cabinet Maker;09/03/99, Issue 5153, p3
Reports on the award scheme launched by Qualitas to promote good service within the furniture industry.
- Seal of approval for mystery shopper. // Cabinet Maker;12/10/99, Issue 5167, p2
Highlights a study conducted by the `Cabinet Maker' magazine showing that more than a third of furniture retailers use a mystery shopper to improve customer service.
- Double blow hits DFS. // Cabinet Maker;02/25/2000, Issue 5176, p3
Reports that DFS' customer service was criticized by the BBC television program `Watchdog,' after the furniture chain was fined for violating the Consumer Protection Act.