Retailers sign up for Furnitureisland.com
- Number's up for bed etailer. // Cabinet Maker;11/9/2001, Issue 5263, p6
Reports the rename of Beds 123 to Beds 999 after objections from furniture electronic retailer Furniture 123 in Great Britain. Partnership of Furniture 123 with America Online and Beds 123; Differentiation between Furniture 123 and Beds 123; Action of Furniture 123 to prevent confusion to...
- Gimmee Furniture...It's Just a Click Away. Christianson, Rich // Wood & Wood Products;Mar2000, Vol. 105 Issue 3, p13
Presents observations on several electronic-commerce sites for furniture products. Views on the Web site of AllShops.com; Companies on the site of FurnitureFind.com; Observations on the Furnitureontheinternet.com site.
- Two portals aim to offer cutting-edge sales aids. Knell, Michael J. // Furniture/Today;01/08/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 18, p9
Discusses the debut of Canadian furniture industry Web portals providing online shopping services to customers. Features of the sites; Growth prospects for the use of the online resources.
- Feel free to browse. Goodman, Eleanor // Cabinet Maker;9/29/2006, Issue 5507, p29
The article provides information about the Ilva Website which was launched in Great Britain. Details on the menu options which are seen when users open the Website is explained. It also points out the color scheme used in the site which is teal, beige and white and offers the significance of the...
- Verdict. // Cabinet Maker;9/29/2006, Issue 5507, p29
The article provides information about Ilva, a new Website that was launched in Great Britain which is related to the furniture trade and industry. Ilva is accessible and has a visual appeal with its clean design and pastel color scheme. It provides easy navigation and its product menu acts as...
- Argos commits to full scale online selling. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p4
Reports on the relaunching of Argos's Eshopping website to market its whole range of furniture online.
- Taming the web. Waller, Richard // Cabinet Maker;08/13/99, Issue 5150, p12
Focuses on the author's message for furniture retailers to take advantage of the growing Internet trade. Importance of a website for businesses; Greater chances of success via the electronic medium; Fast, sufficient, and cost effective way of marketing products and services; Websites as links...
- Carpenter crafts his own eBay. // Crain's New York Business;5/12/2008, Vol. 24 Issue 19, p15
The article reports on the background of Etsy Inc. with a web site developed by furniture-maker Rob Kalin to market his products. Kalin was unable to afford rent on a store, instead he went online to try to sell his products until he set out to build his own web site. The website was founded in...
- Place website pulled. Lewis, Mark; Gay, Alison // Cabinet Maker;5/5/2006, Issue 5486, p3
The article reports on the closure of the Web site of Place, an online furniture and accessories retailer, founded by Kevin McCloud and Mary Czulowski. The Web site is being closed down seven months after it was launched in September last year. Place has signed a deal with the Co-Operative Group...