Your questions answered
- Protection plans lift sales in down economy. // Furniture/Today;3/26/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p10
The article focuses on furniture protection plans and care products and discusses how they have allowed retailers to gross up sales and improve margins during a down economy. It discusses how furniture protection programs provide a guarantee against several problems including stains and...
- Lowly grease stains can pose big problem. Perry, David // Furniture/Today;12/16/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 15, p28
Reports the concerns of bedding manufacturers on grease stains on beds. Preference of consumers on white beds; Sources of grease stains; Need to wet mopp the delivery truck of furnitures.
- Stains gain pizzazz. Whiteley, Peter O. // Sunset;Feb2001, Vol. 206 Issue 2, p118
Provides guidelines for the use of water-based stains for wooden furniture. Preparation of the surface; Use of a pad applicator; Tips to apply multiple colors; Recommendations for sealing the finishes.
- Stainfree.com aids retailers. // Cabinet Maker;02/23/2001, Issue 5226, p5
Reports the launch of stainfree.com web site for queries on furniture stains. Information for removing stains; Remedies for unusual stains; Topics covered for cabinet furniture.
- Side Order. // Popular Mechanics;Nov2000, Vol. 177 Issue 11, p124
Offers information on making a side table for storing compact discs and tapes. Materials; Building the base and top; Drawer making; Staining the table.
- THE FINISHING TOUCH. // Woodworking for Women;Nov2006, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p85
The article presents information on how to restore antique furniture finishes. Stains on furniture may due to either mold or iron tannate. Washing the surface with soapy eater will remove black stain. Removal of iron tannate in wood can be done by using a chemical such as oxalic acid. The oxalic...
- The Midas Touch. Read, George // House Beautiful;May2004, Vol. 146 Issue 5, p48
Features the art of gilding exhibited by master gilder Smith Coleman. Restoration applied by Coleman to an Italian Rococo mirror; Methods in water and oil gilding; Application of gold, silver and metal leaves.
- The Colorful Revolution. // Better Homes & Gardens;Apr2006, Vol. 84 Issue 4, p100
The article features the 74-color wood stains from Minwax Co.'s Decorator Tint Formula line.
- A Room with a View? // Engineer (Online Edition);10/27/2015, p5
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's evaluation of his new working environment in Great Britain where there are marks on the wall, coffee stains down the filing cabinets and a linoleum floor.