Don't be taken in by the webhosts bearing gifts
- Web ad spending. // Electronic Media;11/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 47, p10
Presents data on Internet advertising in the United States as of October 2000. Leading Web sites in terms of Internet advertising revenues.
- Production must take backseat on the Internet. Rooke, Philip // Marketing Week;3/11/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p30
Describes the characteristics of effective commercial Web sites. Content and quality of advertising message; Provision of detailed product or service information; Increase in companies' investment in Internet advertising; Three reasons to have a Web site; Evaluation of response based on a...
- Lock and (down)load. Moore, Rodney J. // Marketing Tools;Oct97, Vol. 4 Issue 9, p22
Discusses software and Web sites for Internet advertising. Marketers' use of the DoubleClick tool in controlling the reach and frequency of Internet advertisements; FlyCast Communications' AdAgent software; Narrowline's Brought to You By real-time advertisement buying service; Intelligent...
- Weather.com Forecast Calls For More Ads. Dolbow, Sandra // Brandweek;12/2/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 44, p6
Reports on the increase in the number of advertisers which sponsored the Web site weather.com in the U.S. in their efforts to improve marketing efficiency as of December 2, 2002. Advertisers of the Web site for the season; Efficacy of advertisements connected with a Web site; Benefits of...
- Become a star for your business. Nichols, Kimberly // Public Record (0744205X);11/9/2010, Vol. 34 Issue 45, p10
The article offers the author's insights on the use of YouTube, a video-sharing website, as a medium for creating instant, cheap, and effective promotional pieces that can reach broader audiences than the traditional television commercials.
- Admen fail to transfer offline branding on to their online offerings. Owen, John // Campaign (UK);11/27/98, Issue 48, p22
Scrutinizes the online service output of some advertisers in Great Britain such as Volkswagen, Cellnet and Orange. Information on the Volkswagen Beetle site; Comment on the Orange campaign; Features of the sites.
- First impressions: Nectar Adpoints. Tesseras, Lucy // New Media Age (Online Edition);11/7/2012, p1
The article reviews the web site Nectar Adpoints, which encourages Internet users to watch and interact with advertisements in return for points.
- How to profit from registration. Blankenhorn, Dana // Advertising Age's Business Marketing;Apr97, Vol. 82 Issue 3, pM-3
Focuses on the registration of Web site users and how to profit from it in relation to marketing. Rules towards maintaining a registration database; Types of questions to ask; Finding out more about the person that registers.
- European advertisers find Web ads tangled. Koranteng, Juliana // Advertising Age International;03/09/98, p22
Describes some of the problems encountered in Internet advertising. Incompatible ad format with the Web site; Growing number of advertisers venturing into Internet advertising; Tips for Internet advertisers. INSET: New to the Net?.
- Ads? What Ads? Mickey, Bill // EContent;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 4, p7
Comments on advertising on Web sites.