- Allied Carpets Cranbrook Road. // Cabinet Maker;01/05/2001, Issue 5219, p13
Evaluates Allied Carpets, a furniture retailer in Great Britain, citing its display of merchandise, customer service and friendliness of the staff.
- Undercover in Cambridge. // Cabinet Maker;3/12/2004, Issue 5379, p10
Evaluates the bed sections in Cambridge, England-based furniture stores Bensons Bed Centres and Allied Carpets. Use of advertising signs at Bensons Bed; Product presentation at Allied Carpets.
- EYE ON DESIGN. Beswick, Cris // In-Store;Oct2005, p46
Evaluates several stores of carpet and flooring retailers in Great Britain. Allied Carpets; John Lewis; Carpetright.
- A genuine fan of furniture trade. O'Dwyer, Steve // Cabinet Maker;3/25/2005, Issue 5431, p35
The article presents information about Steve O'Dwyer, a sales director at Island Cliff, a beds and bedroom furniture manufacturer and importer. After school he spent 11 years in the supermarket industry but became disillusioned and joined Allied Carpets as a store manager. He was sent on a...
- NUMBER CRUNCHING. // Estates Gazette;8/1/2009, Issue 930, p31
The article presents statistics on topics related to real estate in Great Britain, including the annual rent per store that Allied Carpets was paying in 2007 and the annual rent per store that Allied Carpets Retail wants to pay.
- Tenants lined up in case rug is pulled from under Allied Carpets. // Estates Gazette;6/27/2009, Issue 925, p19
This article reveals that British landlords have been trying to line up new tenants for the stores owned by Allied Carpets in anticipation that an administrator will be soon be appointed to its property arm. On June 23, 2009, Allied Carpet Properties filed a notice of intention to appoint BDO...
- AGENTS APPOINTED ON ALLIED SALE. // Estates Gazette;7/25/2009, Issue 929, p24
The article offers information on the appointment of BNP Paribas Real Estate and H Squared as agents for the sale of 167 Allied Carpets stores in Great Britain. The stores are said to be those that were not rescued from bankruptcy by their former management. A prepack from BDO Stoy Hayward...
- Sales errors cost Allied ...3m. // Cabinet Maker;07/31/98, Issue 5099, p5
Reports on the cost to bed and carpet retailer Allied Carpets from errors in accounting sales for the year to June 27, 1998. Reflection of completed results in the company's accounts as an exceptional charge to be released by August 28, 1998.
- French opt for continuity. // Cabinet Maker;11/5/99, Issue 5162, p5
Focuses on the decision of owner Tapis Saint-Maclou to continue the operations of Allied Carpets in France. Effect of the resignation of company officers; Appointment of Julian Lee as finance director.