With shift to evidence-based medicine, adding Medicare patients can build revenue and results
- Practice Management Q&A. // Medical Economics;12/18/2009, Vol. 86 Issue 24, p32
The article presents questions and answers related to medical practice management including the potential conflict in granting patients a discount for paying in cash and the possible options available for physicians who would like to take advantage from a Medicare's e-prescribing premium.
- ASK FPM. Henry, Julie; Borglum, Keith // Family Practice Management;Apr2005, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p1
The article presents questions and answers related to family physicians and family medicine. To start a legal structure for practice, the most common choices are a sole proprietorship, a partnership, a limited liability company (LLC) or a corporation. Forming and operating a corporation or an...
- EVERYTHING YOU WISH YOU COULD ASK YOUR DOCTOR. Lewis, Kristyn Kusek // Glamour;Apr2008, Vol. 106 Issue 4, p336
This article presents questions aimed at doctors and their answers including why doctors run late, why doctors stop taking specific insurance plans, and why doctors don't apologize. INSET: Your doctor said what?!.
- Art Portraying Medicine. Koski, Kaisu // Journal of Research Practice;2011, Vol. 7 Issue 1, Special section p1
A number of art projects are currently tackling the medical domain. This activity stems from a perceived need to increase the transparency and democracy of the medical domain, and it often questions the power relations and the one-dimensionality in current medical practices. This article sheds...
- Practice Management Q&A. // Medical Economics;11/7/2008, Vol. 85 Issue 21, p40
The article presents questions & answers related to medical practice management including patient refusal to go for another medical test, denial of insurance carriers that they received claims, and a patient claims of violating her privacy for leaving a message on her answering machine.
- Practice Management: Q & A. O'Brien, Liz // Medical Economics;11/3/2006, Vol. 83 Issue 21, p96
The article presents a question-and-answer advisory on physician practice management. A physician may terminate any established patients when they reach Medicare age. Summary report on accounts receivable may be done every quarter. An associate may be able to buy in to a practice which is...
- MedPAC to Ask Congress for 1 Percent Rate Increase in 2011 Medicare Physician Payment. // American Family Physician;3/1/2010, Vol. 81 Issue 5, p581
The article reports on the plan of the Medicare Payment Advisory Commission (MedPAC) to request the U.S. Congress for the approval of a one percent rate increase in the Medicare physician payment rate for 2011.
- When doctors cause scheduling havoc. Perry, Kristie // Medical Economics;11/21/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 22, p75
Presents a question and answer advisory on the resolution of scheduling difficulties among medical practitioner partners in the U.S. Importance of the functions of the receptionist in solving the issue.
- Essential to address fitness to practise. Campbell, John // New Zealand Doctor;4/25/2007, p14
The article presents questions and answers related to medical practice. One question focuses on the existence of unidentified physicians practicing unsafe medical activities. Another question focuses on the effectiveness of a formal review process in improving patient care, while another focuses...