DOES LEADERSHIP MATTER? CEO LEADERSHIP ATTRIBUTES AND PROFITABILITY UNDER CONDITIONS OF PERCEIVED ENVIRONMENTAL UNCERTAINTY
Tags: LEADERSHIP; CHIEF executive officers; BUSINESS communication; INVESTMENT analysis; ECONOMIC value added; THEORY of knowledge; ORGANIZATIONAL learning; CORPORATE governance; PROFITABILITY; UNCERTAINTY; FINANCIAL performance; ORGANIZATIONAL effectiveness
- Affects of Female Directors on Firms Performance in Pakistan. Yasser, Qaiser Rafique // Modern Economy;Nov2012, Vol. 3 Issue 7, p817
This study examined relationship between board gender diversity and its effect on firm performance, based on evidence from the Pakistan. We use empirical data on KSE 100 Index firms observed in 2008 to 2010. Twenty Five percent (25%) of the sample firms have at least one woman in the boardroom...
- THE EFFECT OF BOARD COMPOSITION ON CEO SUCCESSION AND ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE. Kesner, Idalene F.; Dalton, Dan R. // Quarterly Journal of Business & Economics;Spring85, Vol. 24 Issue 2, p3
Discusses the influence of board composition on chief executive officer (CEO) succession and organizational performance. Basic function of the board; Aspects of inside versus outside director ratios; Influences of the CEO and the firm's board of directors.
- Renewed Focus. Levaux, Janet // Research;Feb2009, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p72
The article reports that some investors are turning to companies with strong accountability. It notes that renewing focus for corporate governance include greater scrutiny of compensation, boards, financial reporting and related issues for improved performance. Moreover, it mentions that...
- ACQUIROR LEARNING FROM ACQUISITION EXPERIENCE: EVIDENCE FROM 1985-1995. HAYWARD, MATHEW // Academy of Management Proceedings & Membership Directory;1999, pD1
Organizational learning theory is used to explain and predict whether and when acquirors learn from their direct acquisition experience. Acquisitions of 120 acquirors are tracked from 1985-1995 to explore this issue. Results suggest that acquirors experience better acquisition performance when...
- Do EVA Adopters Outperform their Industry Peers? Evidence from Security Analyst Earnings Forecasts. Cordeiro, James J.; Jr., D. Donald Kent // American Business Review;Jun2001, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p57
Examines the link between the adoption of the economic-value-added (EVA) financial performance measurement and management system and the performance of firms in the United States, using security analyst earnings forecasts. Benefits offered by EVA; Possible reasons for the absence of a...
- How to measure performance. Gunn, Robert W. // Financial Executive;Mar/Apr91, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p7
The article discusses strategies for improving the performance and the measuring of a company's financial function. Measures include the amount of shareholder value created and labor costs related to finance employee. Suggestions for improving performance include reviewing the effectiveness of...
- Five ways to tell if your company's CEO earns his/her pay. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/11/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 28, p16
The article offers five qualities of a good chief executive officer (CEO) including strong strategic thinking, good decision maker and results oriented.
- Mobilize leaders to accelerate results. Brittain, Brian; Swain, John; Simpson, Janice // Ivey Business Journal;Jan/Feb2005, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p1
Presents suggestions for mobilizing corporate leaders in order to accelerate business results. Challenges faced by CEO; Success factor in accelerating results; Use of learning to accelerate action and build a sustainable leadership capability.
- CEO Reputation and Earnings Quality. Francis, Jennifer; Huang, Allen H.; Rajgopal, Shivram; Zang, Amy Y, // Contemporary Accounting Research;Spring2008, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p109
The article presents an examination of the association between chief executive officer (CEO) reputation and the quality of the firm's earnings. It tested three explanations for an association between these constructs: the efficient contracting hypothesis suggests that reputed CEOs are associated...